Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

Howdy Ags and Welcome to Aggieland. Feel free to discuss the whole after admission process. Anything at all.

Also those who are non auto AND admitted engineering students (plus pathways), please provide stats.

Rank/scores/major/ECs/dual and AP credit plus anything else you feel ripped the scale in your favor!

Thanks and Gig ‘em!

3 Likes

Does anyone have any availability experience with or insight into Appelt, the male only dorm? Does it tend to attract certain majors? Is it more for athletes? Serious students who want fewer distractions? Religiously conservative? Just curious as single gender dorms are rare these days but I believe there may still be benefits. Ant thoughts would be appreciated!

@Engineermom27 since the majority of students living on campus are freshman, the dynamics of dorms change every year.
Appelt is a Southside Modular. Are you sure it’s not co-ed?

https://reslife.tamu.edu/residence-halls-2/halls/appelt/

1 Like

Wow! Last week when I researched it was male only. In fact I read an article on how it was the only one left—it must have changed recently (or somehow I was accessing an old page). Thank you for clarifying. Though that’s disappointing to an old school mom.

1 Like

I encourage you & your student to take a dorm tour over Christmas break, when campus isn’t crowded, temps are better. It’s totally different to take a tour once you know you’ve been accepted.

Decide Southside or Northside, then go from there. ResLife website gives all the stats-amenities, renovation dates, namesake info, room dimensions, price, photos, etc. Super helpful.

Dorm life is totally different now vs when I was in school. ‘Co-ed’ just means there might be girls next door to boys. They don’t share bathrooms, many kids never even get to know their hall neighbors (sadly). Social media & electronics have killed dorm camaraderie.

Dorm selection won’t take place until mid-late April.

2 Likes

I’m not an engineering student but here are my stats in case anyone is interested. (I got my first choice major which was Psychology and I’m auto admit)

Applied August 2nd
6 Tabs: I honestly can’t remember when but I’d say 2-3 weeks after submitting app
Admitted: September 22

GPA: weighted is 102.5 out of 110 (my school does a weird GPA scale) unweighted i’d say is 95 or so

Rank: 27 out of 313 (just outside top 8%, this is a somewhat competitive high school, not hard to get into the top 10% but it is kind of difficult to get high up in the top 10%. We have a few Ivy League hopefuls come around every once in a while, but it’s mostly a lot of big state schools for us in top 10%). You have no chance of getting ranked high if you want to take non weighted classes like band, sports, dual credit (weighted but not as much as AP), and aide classes to give yourself a break from a heavy course load.
Not saying what school I go to, but this is South Texas (Corpus Christi area to be specific) so none of the schools are all that good. AP offerings for my school were good, had all the sciences, Spanish, English, gov, calculus, art, and macro.

AP: 6 total for Junior and Senior Years, (US history, English lang, Biology, Gov, Macro, and Environmental Science but only took/will take tests for English lang, Biology, Gov, and Macro). As for DC, English 1301/1302 and Psychology/Sociology

SAT: was horrible I don’t even want to say it

ACT: 27 (composite) 22 (math, which i am horrible at) 29 (science) 26 (english) 30 (reading). Score is decent, I didn’t stress about my test scores all that much since I knew I would be auto admit to TAMU.

ECs: Band (shout out to any drum line members in the thread!), AcaDeca, Science Olympiad, SNHS, HOSA (officer), Student Council (officer), NHS (special olympics committee head), Environmental Club, Interact Club (basically we do a lot of charity work), possibly doing Speech and Debate in the Spring, and also working on restarting Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

Overall my stats are decent. I know I would not stand a chance at other really competitive high schools that I’ve read on here, but I’m confident I can handle the Psychology honors program and maybe law school or a masters.

4 Likes

@GpPsych you’ve already been notified of Psychology Honors? Or you’re just hopeful?

1 Like

I also saw that Appelt was the only all male dorm, they must have changed that recently!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing—I was beginning to wonder if I had just been wishful thinking!

1 Like

Hmmm @Momof3B & @Engineermom27 who knows, maybe it is still is all male? Doesn’t appear to be from ResLife, but a quick call or email would answer that.
Or just wait and ask on dorm tour.

I’m just hopeful

2 Likes

DD is ranked 21/471, auto admit, submitted no test scores, Meteorology major, Applied 8/1, acceptance and housing deposit paid 9/22, DC student graduating with Associate’s in May, Student council officer, NHS member. This our first and only child, so we’re looking forward to her college experience at Texas A&M!

4 Likes

A lot of the dorms are single gender by floor.

3 Likes

this sounds very overkill but my phase 2 housing application should have opened 14 minutes ago but it’s not working? I don’t know how accurate the “phase 2 will not work until 9/27/22 at 16:14” sections is. :sweat_smile:

If you got the email for phase 2 timeframe, then don’t fret. Phase 2 is pretty much worthless and there’s no time stamp. If it doesn’t open up tomorrow, call res life, but in the meantime… don’t worry!

3 Likes

Ours didn’t work and I called reslife. They were very sweet to me and basically reiterated what @ChristiR93 said - Phase 3 and Phase 4 are more important.

4 Likes

Yep, phase 2 is pointless (but mandatory), phase 3 is matching/adding a roommate.
I’ll say it again…it doesn’t matter AT ALL what students list/rank. It all boils down to dorm selection time in late spring, and what beds are available when it’s your time. And dorm selection time is based off time stamp Housing deposit was paid.

Does listing an LLC in phase 2 have any impact? I’m a little confused on that aspect of the process and when we would need to make a decision about applying for an LLC . Also, how long do you usually have to complete phase 2? Could we drag this part out a bit to think about LLC without an impact on our place in line?

@Momoftwo1 be careful about LLC. Make SURE that is what your student wants. Unless it has changed, once you select LLC, you’re pretty much locked in. If your student decides in the spring they don’t want LLC after all, they lose their dorm selection time and get bumped to the end of the line.
Phase 2 should have a large time frame, at this point (considering holistic students haven’t even started being admitted). Listing LLC is the only thing that locks you in on dorm choice; anything else you list truly doesn’t matter.
You can always contact ResLife for questions, and I would, since it does appear LLC has changed some. There used to be a lot more offered.
IMO they definitely haven’t been that popular or successful (outside of Engineering Village). Maybe that’s why they seem to have removed many.
Participation in LLC is quite small, overall, in the grand scheme of on campus housing, definitely not something most are wanting to do.
LLC are located in specific dorms, you can be limited to choice of room and some don’t allow you to choose your roommate (University Honors for sure is random roomie).
Make sure LLC is really what your student wants before signing up for one

https://reslife.tamu.edu/living/llcs/

4 Likes

I finished my Phase 2 of the app, glad to check off another job off the college checklist (even though Phase 2 is pointless) Hopefully I get a good dorm and roommate!