Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

In same boat… not able to access housing yet.

1 Like

Varies by major. (Shop By Major - 12th Man Technology) You can get from 12th man technology or just use the specs to shop around for good deal. Also check the major’s webpage . My daughter’s department webpage (Visualization) has very detailed and specific info about computer requirements.

1 Like

It took my daughter a couple of days to be able to access the housing I think.

1 Like

My DD did hear from Craig and Galen Brown Foundation.
50,000 apply
200 Brown Finalists are interviewed
Virtual interview will be in Jan. Date is TBD
75 Brown Scholars are finally selected
Thanks, @FriscoDad @52AG82 for pushing my DD to complete the scholarship portion of the application. You guys and @ChristiR93 – I have never come across such helpful and nice folks!

5 Likes

Anyone know if not applying to any honors program yet reduces the chances to getting into the initial pool for Brown scholarship? My kid plans to apply for Engineering Honors but has not yet gotten to it.

1 Like

My laptop (window machines) essentials:
512 GB SSD
16 GB RAM
17" Display (touchscreen)
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800H (8-Core) Processor or intell i7
Backlit keyboard (can type in dark)
Dell/Lenovo are popular these days.

1 Like

NMS is the minimum criteria. I suspect most Brown scholars are in some Honors Program but not sure if it is “a requirement”.

@voda2013 congrats on the Brown interview!! :+1:
Assuming your daughter attends TAMU, she’ll need to submit the annual Continuing Student Scholarship application every year. Dates are from Oct 15-Feb 1. No rush to apply early, just submit by Jan 31 (my Aggie always fills it out over Christmas break). This application is to keep her current 4 year scholarships and to be eligible for additional ones. This is for all students. Just file that tidbit away.

1 Like

My Daughter got into U of AZ in Eller Business school and got Honors program as well. This is for Fall of 2023. Does anyone know how is Eller school compared to Texas A & M Mays school or Jindal school of business in UT Dallas?

She is still awaiting Mays A & M Honors program results. Any thoughts?

Honestly, I think you should start a separate thread for this so you get good information from the UTD and Arizona experts out there.

2 Likes

@Collegemichmatt
My 2 cents based on some detailed research I did on business schools in Jan. '22. Mays Business school is better in all aspects vs U of AZ Eller. A side note, the Arizona State Business School is better than Eller. I do not remember the Jindal comparisons. I know Jindal has a good Accounting school but not as good in Finance. As you probably already know Michigan Ross is in top 5 (I saw in a post from you that your DD applied there. Ross may have an edge on McCombs as well). Good luck!

1 Like

My son was selected as a Brown Scholar 2 years ago. He was notified of the award (December) before he applied to Engineering Honors, so no need to submit the honors application early.

Thank you, very helpful :pray:

Was it for an interview, to request for more information (letters of rec, PSAT scores), or was it to notify you that your child’s application was sent to the Brown Foundation?

Some excerpts from the email rcvd which should answer your query.
“We need one more reference letter from one of your teachers and your PSAT score sheets.”
"We sincerely hope you are pleased and honored to be selected for a personal interview. "
“…Brown would like to interview you virtually by TEAMS in January.”

1 Like

Thank you for sharing

1 Like

7 tabs yesterday!!! I was able to access the housing portal and pay the $75 deposit.

Holistic, in-state applicant.
1st quarter, 1340 SAT, 4.14 gpa, varsity swim team 4 years, NHS member, and lifeguard. 5 AP classes, 3 dual. Biology major!

5 Likes

My son was recently auto-admitted to the business program. However, he’d like to change his major to computer science and has requested such on his application. My question: will the change of major put him at any disadvantage in the engineering application review process? For example, he might be able to get in if he requested engineering in the first place, but since he changed his major he would be put behind the other engineering applicants? He has near perfect SAT score, NMFS, 5% rank of a very competitive high school, a dozen APs plus extracurricular activities. But his business spot may fill if he does change major, so it’s a bit of risk if the major change has any negative impact.

@Sunnyroof why not stay in Mays and pursue MIS?

1 Like

That’s a great option that I didn’t know existed. Will definitely discuss with him. He’s interested in the interdisciplinary area of business and technology, and thought it would be better to pursue an engineering undergraduate study followed by an MBA, is why he wanted to change his major. Thank you for the advice!