Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

@shruti1 phase 3 is matching/pairing with a roommate; definitely proceed with phase 2.
Phase 2 will ask you to list/preference dorm choices, it is meaningless.

I’ve been wondering this same thing about Hullabaloo. My daughter got in/paid deposit Oct 13th. I guess it’s a “no” for her too if it fills so quickly. What do you think @52AG82 ? My '21 Aggie made this part so easy by being in the Corps.

1 Like

@kaydeeloo Hullabaloo will be full by end of day 2, except for some rooms that one person has already snagged 1 bed (meaning, if your student doesn’t mind taking the other bed with someone they don’t know, some beds will be available). But single rooms and empty double rooms will be gone.
Unless students pay Housing deposit the first 1-2 days of earliest acceptance, everyone needs MULTIPLE dorm options.
I strongly suggest taking a dorm tour now-over Winter Break-or sometime before April. Even if you’ve taken it once, it’s a whole new perspective taking a tour after you’ve been accepted.

My daughter was accepted right before winter break. She’s not looking at Hullabaloo but is hoping for a single in north campus. Do you know if she has a chance to get a single?

Also, I guess this may be tricky, but if no singles are available and she has to pick a double, do you know if she can go back and add a roommate at a later time if it’s not take already?

Thanks for all the advice - first kid in college, so constantly learning to navigate through all this!

1 Like

@Musikalee Hullabaloo, Northside Modulars and all singles fill up quickest, as in, the 1st couple days. Slim to none chance at getting a single anywhere, unless deposit was paid in the 1st 4-5 days of earliest acceptance.
Not exactly sure what you’re asking, but if you mean trying to ‘hold’ a bed available-nope. With a December acceptance, there may not be many open double rooms available, definitely not on Northside.
Phase 3 is matching, which won’t take place for awhile, so plenty of time to find a roomie. Actual dorm selection won’t take place until mid-late April. Dorms are guaranteed, usually somewhere between March 1-5. If a student hasn’t been accepted by then, they will be added to Wait List, if/when they do get accepted.
The roomie with the highest selection time can pull up 1 roommate, so they select at the same time.
Be sure you’ve joined this page, there will be plenty of posts to answer all things Housing/dorm related.

must answer ALL questions to join, or you’ll be declined

5 Likes

@52AG82
 1st 4-5 days of earliest acceptance
 Is it like September or October? Or difficult to guess. Thanks!

@Ab2026 acceptances started going out in late September this year (I don’t have the exact date, around the 23rd or 24th, maybe?). Hullabaloo, Northside Modulars and singles fill the quickest, as in the first couple days of dorm selection. There will be some double rooms- in Hulla and Northside Modulars- that will have 1 bed available, but true open double rooms (in those dorms) will be gone quickly.

My daughter completed phase I and phase 2 of the housing process shortly after receiving admission in mid-Dec, but the admission checklist in AIS shows a red x by housing. Any idea why?

I’m worried she hasn’t completed some part of the process but we’ve spent hours poking around and it appears everything is done except uploading her immunization form. She’s signed up for NSC. Thanks.

@RachelMTAMU94 it seems really soon to have already gotten phase 2 (but my Aggie is a Senior, timeline could’ve changed). Phase 2 was asking to list dorm preferences? If so, maybe you won’t get green :heavy_check_mark: until phase 3 has been completed? :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Right. She did the dorm selection. Phase two opened on Dec 21. But waiting for some type of communication or instruction about next steps. We searched everywhere on the website and can’t find anything helpful so we are assuming she is on track. She’s also got a place off campus so it isn’t a big deal but it is just confusing. Thanks!!

1 Like

Phase 3 won’t start for awhile. No one has gotten to Phase 3. I’m guessing that’s why you don’t have a green check?
Sounds like you’ve already signed a lease off campus? If not, I highly recommend living ON campus, nothing beats it for a freshman.

1 Like

She’s rushing the sororities and most of the kids from her high school are living in Callaway House, so she’s got a spot and a roommate there. Sounds like it is quite popular with the Greek crowd. So she’s got that as an option, but I agree with you. I loved living on campus back in the day (north side/Hobby) and I’d prefer she live there for at least the first year. But Callaway will be ok too. Thanks!

1 Like

Will not completing Phase II ASAP change what dorm I will get? I want to take more time to research what dorms would work for me before listing preferred dorms. Thanks!

1 Like

@shruti1 phase 2 is truly pointless, nothing you list matters, no one keeps a list. All that matters is time stamp Housing deposit was paid and what beds are open at the time of your dorm selection. Promise. Just list 3 dorms and submit.
I do encourage you to take dorm tour between now and early April, to look at the dorms in person, so you have a list. Being prepared is key, and dorm selection is fast & furious.

@RachelMTAMU94 i can almost guarantee which high school your daughter attends, and which sorority the majority of the girls from that school pledge, based on what you said. It’s like high school 2.0 for girls from at least two high schools (1 in Houston, 1 in Dallas)-they all live together, pledge together, date boys from those high schools, never leave that ‘bubble’. I guess that’s appealing to some?
Just know that the bulk of girls who rush (I have an Active, I’m also a sorority alum) live in every dorm on campus. Most that live in Callaway-the true A&M students-do rush/pledge, but certainly not the majority of all those pledging.
Callaway definitely has an ‘Animal House’ reputation, and know that it isn’t just Aggies who live there. Many are straight Blinn students, and even people (all ages) who aren’t students at all. Make sure they know & list all 4 students in their ‘room’, or they can easily get a non-student, someone not even close to their age. Off campus complexes can’t discriminate, and property management will will fill rooms with anyone who can pay.
Callaway is as close as you can get-on that side of campus-if not living on campus. Drove by there a couple nights ago, and they’re finally redoing the roof, which is much needed! Callaway is ideal on game days, for sure!
But she’ll definitely have a different freshman experience vs what you had in Hobby/on campus. And that’s okay!

When it gets closer to spring Rush Roundtable, be sure to join Aggie Sorority Moms page. A super helpful page, run by Aggie Sorority Moms (no students allowed).

2 Likes

What you just described (high school 2.0) is why my D23 is resisting going to TAMU. She sees people from her HS rushing together and all that. I keep trying to tell her that 70k students will offer her a lot of opportunity to meet new people but
 yeah. When is Rush Roundtable?

1 Like

@LaFinalista i hear ya! My 3rd Gen Aggie (‘23 Ag, graduating in May) was bound & determined to go OOS, simply because she didn’t want to go A&M
due to the high school & hometown crowd. Total high school 2.0, those that got into A&M, and those who didn’t, but still wore their Aggie shirts, moved to B/CS and told everyone they were attending (when they were either straight Blinn, or not even attending Blinn, just living in B/CS pretending).

When my Aggie was accepted into Business Honors, she realized A&M really was her top choice. She worked very hard to not fall into the 2.0 trap. She found a potluck roomie thru BH, pledged a sorority that high school & hometown girls weren’t in, made it a point to make new friends, blaze her own trial. She’s never looked back! It CAN be done!

Those high school kids-they never left the ‘bubble’-didn’t live in the dorm, never joined any clubs, lived with only high school friends, went home on weekends, dated the same high school boys, only tailgate with high school friends and parents. Quite strange, and pitiful. College is the time to throw yourself out there, expand and broaden horizons!

Rush Roundtable is sponsored by your local, hometown Panhellenic, usually after spring break-before Easter. They’ll give you all the info to register with hometown Panhellenic and how to secure Rec/RIFs for rush-whatever school your girl will be attending. I suggest following your local Panhellenic FB/Instagram page now, so you’ll see links for RoundTable.

I am unable to enter Phase II application as the button “Continue to Phase II” doesn’t work, even though it says it should be active on 12/31/2022. Is anyone else facing this problem?

Yep. D23 would be 4th generation Aggie and everyone in the family are Aggies - class agents, have Fish Camps named after them, that sort of thing. To DD it’s a family curse! :upside_down_face:

@LaFinalista I’m not an Aggie, so I KNOW there are other great schools out there
MANY! Don’t force your kid to go, just because “it’s what everyone in the family does”. We know Aggie families who refuse to pay for their kids to go anywhere else. Unbelievable. A&M definitely isn’t the school for everyone. Let your student decide.

3 Likes