Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

Any admitted Brown Scholars on this forum? I was thinking of creating a discord server for us to talk about it.

Have you heard back from Brown Foundation after your interview?

Yes, I heard back a couple hours after my interview. This was 2 weeks ago.

You can do Zoology or Poultry Science or Entomology and be pre-med. I know an extremely talented, world-renowned surgeon who was a finance major. Some think it would be better to pick a major based on non-medical school options, anyway, in case youā€™re one of the 95% of students that changes their mind about med school somewhere between NSC and senior year.

3 Likes

Agree. My youngest who is still in high school wants to be a doctor. The advice weā€™ve gotten is to pick a major you can get a job / have a career with if you donā€™t end up going to med school! Also one you can do well in and have a high GPA in case you do end up applying to med school.

3 Likes

Any idea when honors decisions will be released?

1 Like

@goodkid7 which honors?

1 Like

University Honors

@goodkid7 application and/or website should give a date. The past few years, UH hasnā€™t notified students until early May, which totally messes up dorm selection.
Be very certain you ask around, read up on UH-required living in Lechner or McFadden, canā€™t select room or roommate, program based on a point system, seems to be a big turnover after freshman year. Definitely doesnā€™t have a UT Plan II honors reputation.
But it is a good fit for some.

1 Like

Does anyone know when is the next National Scholars day and have been invited to same at A&M? Thanks!

I donā€™t but you can email them to inquire.

I heard back yesterday, that I got it

Thanksā€¦ have dropped them a note. Waiting to hear back. Was planning some travel and thought of checking here on date for quicker response.

1 Like

If thereā€™s anyone else, PM me, there is now a discord server for admitted Brown Scholars so we can all meet each other.

My niece stayed there last year and told me that there was a terrible smell and people getting sick frequently. Just recently my sister in law said they are being sued for black mold. Canā€™t verify but worth checking into.

1 Like

@GracieP i donā€™t doubt it. Huge chunks of the roof have been missing since last spring, just now being replaced (weā€™re on campus often, drive by).
Animal House reputation, tons of straight Blinn kids (and those not in school at all) playing the ā€˜wannabe Aggie lifeā€™, great location tho!

There was a recent post in Aggie parents Facebook about mold problems there. There are currently over 50 students being housed in a hotel due to mold and water damage problems in units. Several students have documented medical problems including mold toxins found in lungs. Over 25 families are involved in a current lawsuit against Calloway house. All kinds of issues. I wouldnā€™t even consider letting my kid live there after everything Iā€™ve heard in the past few days about it.

Thanks. Yes, I know about the lawsuit, and Iā€™ve contacted Callaway about their remediation plan. (I am a lawyer myself, so found the Petition to be very interesting.) We are pursuing on-campus options too, but if she lands in Callaway, sheā€™s been fully educated in advance. And we will stay on them about testing and providing a safe, clean environment for the kids. We obviously wonā€™t let her live someplace that makes her ill.

2 Likes

Quick question. Twin DD2 got acceptance in December, full admit. Received letter/banner a few weeks ago. Twin DD1 just received Blinn Team acceptance this week. Will she receive anything in the mail? Just trying to manage expectations.

Same banner

1 Like