Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

Thank you!!!

1 Like

We are in the same boat. Who should we email? Thanks

Hi Christi, Iā€™d love to take you up on your offer to show us how to prepare for an eventual transfer.
Iā€™ve printed the agribusiness curriculum course requirements and the finance BBA requirements.
Currently looking at courses that overlap.
Any guidance would be much appreciated. Iā€™d love to have an understanding before attending NSC.

I messaged you

Scholarship question.
My daughter is a NMSF and was admitted to TAMU College of Engineering. Iā€™m aware of TAMUā€™s national merit scholarship which sums up to $10500/year. My question is: are there any other scholarships that stack up? Is there a chance of getting more scholarship money to possibly cover the full cost of attendance, besides the Brown scholarship, which my daughter didnā€™t get? Does TAMU offer multiple scholarships or just the biggest one you qualify for?
Any info and anecdotes are appreciated :slight_smile:

@Hike_and_bike NM S/F will also get PES (Presidentā€™s Endowed Scholarship).
Hereā€™s the link to TAMU scholarships.

https://aggie.tamu.edu/financial-aid/types-of-aid/scholarships/undergraduate-scholarships

1 Like

Thank you @52AG82. Let me rephrase my question. Is getting enough scholarships to cover full COA (or close to it) possible at TAMU and if yes, is there anything we should do except for filling out the scholarship portion of the Common App?
My daughterā€™s advisor mentioned a couple of times that she is pretty sure my daughter can get a full ride at TAMU, but I donā€™t see how that is even possible if you arenā€™t a Brown scholar.
The Terry scholarship can cover up to full COA, but it requires a demonstrated financial need (how do I know if I have it?), and I donā€™t know how competitive it is. I also learned that potential Terry scholarship recipients are contacted by the Terry Foundation in March to schedule the interview. Hopefully, we will hear from them then :slight_smile:

@Hike_and_bike a ā€˜full rideā€™ is incredibly tough to get at A&M, unless Brown and/or Terry + NM.
Submitting the general scholarship application, at the time of application is all you can do (for A&M scholarships). Returning students reapply every year (Oct 15-Feb 1).
A&M has the 2nd most NM scholars in the nation currently, just behind Alabama. The competition is stiff, not sure how/why your high school counselor thinks sheā€™ll get a full ride?
I donā€™t know the specific financial figure for qualifying, itā€™s based on FAFSA, but hereā€™s the Terry link. Terry Scholarship is also incredibly competitive to get, right up there with Brown. Students are top of their class, have high leadership, involvement, awards, etc.

https://aggie.tamu.edu/financial-aid/types-of-aid/scholarships/undergraduate-scholarships/terry-foundation-scholars

Just us, or do others need a Duo Mobile app passcode every time now to access the Howdy portal?

@BeccaRuth are you a parent or student?

Iā€™m a parent, on a computer, and the app is on my DSā€™s phone, but heā€™s only accessed Howdy on the same computer.

@BeccaRuth parents should never log on to student Howdy. Ever. They will drill it in during NSC-if IT system suspects Howdy is being logged in at 2 or more locations, or by multiple people, the account is frozen. Howdy is for student only.
But yes, Duo is required, for both parent & student.
At NSC, theyā€™ll explain how students can give parents invited access to their own Parent Howdy.
Parent Howdy is limited, but does allow parents to pay bills, view scholarships & financial aid, download/print 1098t tax form, view/print transcript.

2 Likes

That makes sense, thanks.

1 Like

My son got into A&M Gen Eng in mid-Jan. Now, how soon he should do NSC and Housing? He is also waiting to hear from other colleges. The portal says 5/1. Any thoughts?

If you havenā€™t done housing phase 1ā€¦ you are way behind. Do that now. Itā€™s $75 non refundable deposit.

As for NSC you can wait to register once he makes a decisions

1 Like

Yep, like @ChristiR93 saidā€¦you are behind on Housing deposit. That needs to paid As Soon As acceptance is posted & Housing button opens.
$75 non-refundable, cancel by April 30 if going elsewhere, to avoid paying the full amount.

Your student can login and go through the process to give you parent howdy access. They can do it via the my record tab in howdy. I am able to see my daughters schedule,mid term and end of semester grades, financial aid, scholarships, and billing statement. I am able to make payments. When my daughter needs help doing something in her Howdy we do a video call and she shares her screen with me. Howdy is sort of complicated and doing things like the degree plan which she had to complete and submit to her advisor for approval during the middle of her first semester was a chore.

Is it too late to change my major to psychology? I want to switch from Forensic and Investigative Sciences to psychology but I didnā€™t know if the major had filled up already.

@GpPsych you applied to BIMS, changed major choice to Psychology, got accepted to Psych, changed major to Forensic Science, now want to change back to Psych?
I suggest get career aptitude testing!
TAMU does keep track of everything. Iā€™m sure you could try to change back to Psychologyā€¦but donā€™t expect a change.

Thank you. Weā€™re at the earlier stage of determining whether A&M is affordable for us as an OOS family. We knew the estimated COA when DS applied, but held hope that a scholarship would adjust the picture (thus, checking Howdy). Thanks to CC, I now understand a scholarship is unlikely for DS. It may be that his A&M acceptance is something we feel proud of while he attends elsewhere. :slight_smile:

1 Like