Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

Has anybody gotten a roommate off one of those IG pages yet? I’ve heard it’s crickets and I wonder if things will start to pick up when the housing decisions are more imminent.

My son just received FinAid note with a Texas state grant of $4000/year and another Federal grant of 700/year totalling to $4700/year. Does it qualify him for OOS tution waiver?

@despo-dad, you’d need to clarify with FinAid office, but I think only competitive TAMU scholarships count…not grants, loans or financial aid.
It isn’t easy to qualify for in-state tuition.

2 Likes

Yes, but TAMU is not being transparent on how they are deciding who gets them and who doesn’t. I can’t get any answers from anyone.

@LaFinalista i always suggest posting on social media, asking friends & family if they know anyone who will be going to A&M in the fall & needing a roommate.
You know, friend of a friend, someone from church or school you may not know well, neighbor of a relative in another town, child of a work colleague-that kind of thing. You could even join your local Aggie Club and ask there.
My daughter found her freshman roomie on an incoming Mays GroupMe.

1 Like

@tgd i think this is all the information you’ll get from A&M, what’s listed on their website.

https://aggie.tamu.edu/financial-aid/types-of-aid/scholarships/undergraduate-scholarships/national-scholars

1 Like

Is it possible to receive financial aid if I haven’t filled out FAFSA yet? I’m going to do it by this weekend for sure.

@shruti1 according to this, you may have missed the deadline to submit. I would contact Aggie OneStop immediately.

https://aggie.tamu.edu/financial-aid/apply-for-aid/fafsa#:~:text=If%20you%20are%20in%20need,the%20year%20prior%20to%20enrollment.

@tgd if you just submitted FAFSA a few days ago, that could be a reason why the National Scholar isn’t showing up. Appears it is well past the recommended submission date.

https://aggie.tamu.edu/financial-aid/apply-for-aid/fafsa#:~:text=If%20you%20are%20in%20need,the%20year%20prior%20to%20enrollment.

1 Like

You’re right. I called ahead of that deadline to ask if the National Hispanic Scholarship needed a fafsa submitted. We were told no. The recruiter confirmed that this week as well, but we submitted “just in case”. The scholarship is merit-based, but we are second-guessing ourselves. Thanks

Son got a corps scholarship and we did not fill out the FAFSA. I was pretty surprised to get anything since we don’t have one on file.

@tgd is this the correct website?
Who did you call, that told you FAFSA wasn’t required?

Any parents or students here going to the Corps of Cadets? Been looking for dates for Freshman Orientation Week (FOW) and report dates for the Corps. I suspect it’s still early that those dates are not yet posted. We are OOS so trying to get some planning in for a very busy summer. Thanks.

@RVinVirginia most likely too early for dates.
Be sure you are following this page on FB (I’m sure it’s on Instagram, too). There’s a closed QuadMoms FB page you can join, but not until summer.

1 Like

A different Corps Instagram page

@52AG82 very cool, thank you.

1 Like

thank you!!

1 Like

Congrats to your daughter on getting the scholarship award. Did you have to do anything or contact the scholarship office to be considered for it? My daughter is a National Hispanic Recognition Scholar. We assumed they would have the list and she would be automatically considered for a National Recognition award, but now I’m questioning whether we needed to take action first.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi, I was wondering if you heard anything back from the admissions recruiter on the Natl Hispanic Scholar scholarship being awarded and/or criteria for when they might hear something. Thanks! My daughter is also NHRS and hasn’t received the award in fin aid portal.

@txmissyd did your daughter submit FAFSA?