Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

I’m sure this is already answered, but I’m having trouble finding it…

Do TEAM students have an orientation or new student conference to attend at Blinn as well as TAMU’s NSC?

What will happen when you click the button, “begin processing” on the financial aid portal? Am I going to accept each scholarship/aid one by one or all of the scholarships/aids at once? My daughter hasn’t decided where to go yet but Texas A&M is on the top of her list. We will visit TAMU next month. After that, she wants to decide. Is it OK to begin processing now or better to wait?

And one more question.

Is there any deadline to choose Texas A&M for her first choice to get the national merit scholarship?

1 Like

@Engineermom27 dorm selection usually doesn’t start before May 1. In 2019 it was May 8-1st day.
When did the roomie with the higher time pay Housing deposit, do you know?
May 1 starts the Housing contract obligation-if Housing contract isn’t cancelled by April 30, students are on the hook to pay for dorm…even if they decide not to attend A&M. I think the initial fee is $500 to get out of contract after May 1, then the fee gets higher the longer a student waits to cancel.

Got it—thank you very much for clarification!

Sept 24th

2 Likes

That should be 1st or 2nd selection day.
Registering for NSC and dorm selection aren’t tied together. Housing contract is completely separate from NSC registration.

1 Like

No blinn nsc. It’s all done at tamu

1 Like

Thank you! That makes more sense. I had several people tell me to take care of Blinn before TAMU, but I wasn’t seeing anything anywhere to do that.

Your student should have access below in a week or two, or may already have it in the email.
Just check the target degree plan and register classes whenever Fall 2023 opens. Class sessions usually open a week or two before NSC.

Blinn Portal https://ethos.blinn.edu/authenticationendpoint/login.do?commonAuthCallerPath=%2Fpassivests&forceAuth=false&passiveAuth=false&wa=wsignin1.0&wctx=https%3A%2F%2Fmy.blinn.edu%2F_layouts%2F15%2FAuthenticate.aspx%3FSource%3D%252F&wreply=https%3A%2F%2Fmy.blinn.edu%2F_trust%2Fdefault.aspx&wtrealm=urn%3Amy.blinn.edu%3A443&sessionDataKey=4b2cdf6f-48ac-48ee-a0a1-b2a2b8135cca&relyingParty=urn%3Amy.blinn.edu%3A443&type=passivests&sp=Portal.blinn.edu&isSaaSApp=false&authenticators=BasicAuthenticator:LOCAL

Hi, can someone please clarify how should the student accept their scholarship offer in the portal? My son only has “begin processing” option on the scholarship page. Is that what he is supposed to click? He is skeptical of clicking it in case it is tied to accepting the admission offer. Also, can he only accept the merit scholarship and hold off on accepting the loan? TIA

1 Like

Clicking on things in FinAid will not flag the university that he’s ‘accepting admission’. Click whatever ‘Awards’ you have to view.
You can always contact AggieOneStop for more details and questions.

2 Likes

Thank you @52AG82

2 Likes

It asks about each one individually. So for each one, they can Accept, Decline, or just not answer. So yes, they can accept one or more scholarships but wait to answer on the loans or other scbolarships.

3 Likes

I know PES (Presidents Endowed Scholarship) does have a deadline to accept-miss the deadline and they give it to someone else. A letter (email?) does come with specific information about PES, pay close attention.

2 Likes

Does anyone who got accepted in Feb 16th with Team Blinn got the welcome page, financial package and Blinn IDs?

@Murprasad I have no idea? Are you asking about A&M Welcome Banner that comes in the mail and cost of attendance? If so, banner can take 2-3 weeks, I think financial aid won’t be posted until April maybe?

Hi folks, we got an email over the weekend to register for Blinn College’s Fall 2023. I clicked the ‘New Student Registration Form’ button in the email. It took me to a page that listed date options at various Blinn campuses. By reading the forums this past few weeks, I gather that Blinn Team students will take their classes at the Rellis campus. But is there a place on Howdy portal where I can confirm this for sure ? Honestly, the Howdy portal page is very overwhelming. TIA !

@duckfeet_1997 yes, TEAM students take their classes at RELLIS campus (RL).

1 Like

Hello, I’m trying to complete the housing portal and it’s asking for me to sign the online contract with my UIN. Where can I find this?

In AIS. it’s at the top left where it summarizes your student’s admission details.

1 Like

Trying to get some clarification about the MPE…this is what Blinn’s Co-Enrollment page says, but I’ve seen posts saying all students must take it.

Placement Exam (MPE) score requirements.

• Students will need to take Texas A&M’s MPE for calculus at least one week prior to attending their scheduled NSC. This will allow a student to be able to register for the appropriate math class.
  • If a student is not interested in a STEM major, Blinn does not need a MPE score.

I’m readying that as if student is not STEM (for example is Liberal Arts) then doesn’t have to take MPE. Is that correct?