Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

@R2027 every incoming freshman at A&M takes MPE, prior to NSC. It’s on the Howdy Checklist as a requirement.
Not sure about TEAM or TEAB students, since they may take math at Blinn.
Great question for @FriscoDad

Two types of MPE, one for engineers, one for all other students.

The one for engineers used to call MPE4. It is now just called MPE for engineers, it tests student readiness for Math151/147/171. It is the pre-Calculus in high school. In short, students’ degree plan with Math 151 should take this test.

The one for the rest are for testing students’ readiness for business Calculus or Math 142. Students’ degree plan with M140/M142 should take this test.

Blinn or full admission all have to go through MPE. Practice links available in Howdy. The test is very useful in case students Math is no up to speed. If score is below 22 (even close to 22 like 23/24) should take the entry level Math instead of skipping it.

3 Likes

And take the MPE seriously. They need to study for it by taking prior tests. You don’t want to do poorly and miss out on taking the math most take. It’ll put you behind. Especially in engineering.

1 Like

Just got this email after applying for housing + submitting housing deposit yesterday. Can anybody explain what this means?

Means dorms are full. Temp List is a step ahead of Wait List. Temp is guaranteed a ‘spot’ somewhere-but you can’t select that room, Wait List isn’t guaranteed a room.

1 Like

If I was to room with somebody that submitted their housing application earlier than me, would I be taken off the temp list?

1 Like

@kimseokjin1 Temp isn’t allowed to match with those already in dorm selection queue, at least not right now. IF you move off Temp List between now & phase 3, you would be able to match with someone else.
But once dorm selection starts, those on Temp & Wait Lists can’t match with anyone.

We paid housing deposit in September…any idea or estimate about when housing portal will open in May?

@KRFleenor y’all are in great shape, with September deposit!
In 2019, 1st dorm selection time was May 8. Since then, 1st day has been +/- of that date, depending on how the days fall that week.
In mid April, everyone who has paid Housing deposit & completed the phases, will all get an email-at the same time-telling them when their dorm selection date/time is. Everyone will have plenty of time to make arrangements with someone else, in case they have a can’t miss situation (example-AP exams, graduation, class, etc) to select.
If you’re on one of the parent FB pages, there will be chatter once selection dates are sent out. You can easily figure out where your student falls, based on what ppl post.

Great. Thanks so much! I believe we have complete all the phases required so far. I know someone mentioned cancelling Housing contract by April 30th or be on the hook. So wanted to make sure we aren’t missing something or I need to cancel anything. We are NOT 100% sure our DD will attend A&M but want all my ducks in a row if she does.

1 Like

Your housing contract should have the date listed-it’s been April 30/May 1 the last 4 years, to cancel contract w/o a fee. After May 1, the 1st cancellation fee is $500, and it gets higher after that. It may be in small print, but read your contract carefully.

DS got invitation to apply to Conway-Fitzhugh International Honors Leadership Seminar. Can anyone shed some light on this program/seminar? Would this in anyway qualify the student for any additional competitive scholarship? Finally, does applying to this seminar mean committing to TAMU? Thanks for the help.

@Topgolf google it. Highly competitive, legit, an honor just to be invited to apply. Congrats!

Thank you :). I did find their site but was hoping to hear if anyone had experiences to share. Totally agree that the seminar sounds fantastic and would be an excellent opportunity if accepted.

Great. I go read it now. Thanks for all your help.

1 Like

Congrats! My daughter was invited last year. She applied but did not get in. It is very competitive. Go for it!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing

1 Like

I was a Fitzhugh scholar WAYYYYY back in the day. I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t apply unless they don’t like Italy and making lifelong friends.

3 Likes

@LaFinalista EXACTLY!! Fantastic opportunity, huge honor to even be sent an application to apply.

What happens if you can’t find a roommate by phase 3? Will you get a random roommate?