Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

If you can’t find a roomie, you’ll just enter dorm selection portal (when it’s your time) and grab a bed. If the other bed is occupied, you can quickly read bio on that person (IF they have posted one).
A&M doesn’t assign roomies, everyone selects their own bed/room (except for University Honors).

Thanks, but isn’t that phase 4? Phase 3 opens late March/ early April and is about forming a roommate group I’m pretty sure.

Yes, but you asked what happens if you can’t find a roomie during phase 3. If you can’t, you just go in to phase 4 solo and pick a random bed & roomie, or pick a room w/ an empty bed and someone else snags the other bed.
Not everyone goes in with a roomie.

2 Likes

Son was accepted to engineering at Galveston 3 weeks ago (Feb 10) with auto PES as an NMSF. Is it normal that the Financial Aid portal still shows nothing (i.e., “You have no financial aid in an offered status”)? No federal loan nor work-study listed, just empty.

Do they have PES at Galveston? I’m not sure how that works. Did he apply separately to Galveston, or was he offered Galveston path? Maybe it doesn’t make a difference? But both campuses have their own scholarships.

2 Likes

Applied to CStat but will spend first year at Galveston.

Hmmm, not sure how that works then. Maybe it just hasn’t shown up in FinAid yet, since he was just accepted 3 weeks ago. But I’m not sure they have PES at Galveston.
Thoughts @FriscoDad ?

1 Like

Here’s the link to TAMUG scholarships for incoming freshman-

Thank you for the fast response. :pray:t2:

1 Like

Financial Aid Portal should start showing financial aid information between now and school starts, you can email Aggie One Stop for update aggieonestop@tamu.edu

1 Like

Hey guys,
Just got my decision a day back
Applied to TAMU CSCE, BSC PROGRAMME, BUT GOT ADMITTED INTO BAC(BACHELORS OF ARTS IN COMPUTING), IS IT A GOOD COURSE AND WATS THE DIFFERENCE, I AM AN INTERNATIONAL STATION. Got into College station, school of engineering

Congrats. Go look at the degree plan. I think it’s a good program. You don’t have to go through the ETAM process like the other engineering degree.

My daughter received an invitation to apply as well. Sound like a great opportunity, waiting to see if she will apply.

1 Like

@Aggiemom27 never wait to apply. If she’s at all interested, she needs to apply immediately.
Huge honor, super competitive.

1 Like

My daughter met with her advisor today to go over her career plan and he wants her to take classes at Blinn this summer. When you take classes at Blinn, does the grade count towards your GPA or only the credits?

1 Like

@TamuDad15 credit only. Only classes taken at TAMU count towards gpa.
Why would he encourage taking classes at Blinn this summer? What major?

I am having a difficult time helping my daughter register for the MPE. She is entering into the College of Art’s & Sciences majoring in Neuroscience. She is required to take a proctored MPE prior to her NSC. However, when we select a date/time, it says she cannot register due to major. It seems all proctored MPE’s on the events schedule are for engineering students even though the college of arts & sciences requires the proctored exam. Any thoughts?

@Txgx I’m not even sure MPE has opened up yet? Awfully early. I’ve never heard of any other major requiring a proctored MPE, beside Engineering.
There is PLENTY of time.

Understood on plenty of time. We saw a message that MPE registration was open and we can see where the practice exams are located but it clearly states College of Arts & Sciences are required to take a proctored MPE. I found that strange and I think is the source of why we cannot register (not being an engineering student). Just trying to be buttoned up as NSC will be here before we know it. The MPE events website did provide an email address of enadvisor@tamu.edu but that tells me “engineering advisor”. I need to find the right department to make further inquiries for a Neuroscience major

Education is her major - thanks for the Blinn GPA response

1 Like