Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

My son was able to register this morning for MPE as a College of Arts & Sciences student (Math). Maybe check again today if you can register. I just googled “tamu mpe registration” to get to the right page.

2 Likes

So what’s the decision?
TAMU is one of those very generous in Financial Aid. Especially knowing you have 3 kids attending colleges at the same time. There could be more in sophomore year.
Personallly I think Mays is way better than UT Econ. And living expenses in UT is 60% higher. But it is your son’s decision. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Dad wants him to pivot and accept TAMU

He wants to stick with his decision to attend UT because 1) he really wants to be in Austin and try to take advantage of being steps from the Capitol (interships etc). He got asked to be a counselor at Boys State this summer and he’s itching to get back there 2) he’s not 100% sure what he wants to do in life within business/econ/government/public policy/liberal arts so after pouring over the course catalogs of both Mays and UT COLA, Econ at UT he feels offers him more of what he’s attracted to 3) he likes the fact that he can do the BEOP and get a minor in Finance through McCombs or go for the 5th year Masters McCombs Bridge Program for Econ majors and get his MS in Finance if he finds that is his calling.

I know he’ll excel wherever he goes so I left it completely up to him.

He knows Austin will be more expensive for housing and he won’t have it cushy like his big brother does in Lubbock lol or like what we could get in CStat. He won’t have a car in Austin, but Austin has a lot more resources and community for Muslim students than College Station so that’s also a draw (halal food offerings, best student mosque etc)

As of right now, UT it is, but as crazy as things have been lately that could change :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I sent you a DM

Incoming Freshmen who are Required to Take the Proctored MPE

Students accepted to the College of Engineering and College of Arts and Sciences in the departments or majors below must take a proctored math placement exam.

• College of Engineering - All general engineering majors and students pursuing a BA in Computing who elect to take MATH 151.

• College of Arts and Sciences - All majors in the departments of Economics, Physics and Astronomy, Mathematics, Statistics, and Chemistry.

My Daughter will be attending A & M fall of 23 class (Mays school of business.) She is looking for a room mate - either at hullabaloo hall or any of the Modular North side halls. We have completed phase 2 and have a time stamp of 10/13/22. If anyone is looking for a roommate and like to connect with my daughter to see if it work out, please DM me. Thanks.

3 Likes

@Collegemichmatt congrats on Mays! My Mays Senior graduates in May.
To get a bed in Hullabaloo or a Northside Modular, she’ll need to match with a roomie who paid Housing deposit the 1st or 2nd day of earliest acceptance in September. They will be gone otherwise.
There are several Class of ‘27 Instagram pages, where students can connect, and hopefully find a roomie.

1 Like

@52AG82 wow - that quick? I knew that Hullabaloo may be tough to get with Oct timestamp, but had thought she would at least get a modular on Northside. Do you think, so many people got time stamped in September that all Modular and Hullabaloo would be gone? Was Phase 1 & 2 to pay initial deposit was even open in Mid September?

@Collegemichmatt Hullabaloo and Northside Modulars fill first, with auto admits that got earliest acceptance in September, and paid Housing deposit immediately. I joined the parent pages in Fall of 2018, and it’s been consistent since then.
If your daughter can’t find a roomie, is willing to take true ‘potluck’, there will be some random open beds available, but she’ll be going in blindly (some students will post a brief ResLife bio, some don’t). Dorm selection is so fast & furious, there’s not much time to stop and read a bio. Beds will literally disappear before you can add it to your cart.

Phase 2 is meaningless, doesn’t matter at all. It all boils down to time stamp deposit was paid.

I suggest deciding Northside vs Southside. Sounds like she wants Northside (very popular, great location). Take a NS dorm tour between now & Easter. She needs to rank every single NS dorm, take pictures so she can remember, and have a list to use during dorm selection. Even if she took a dorm tour last year, tour again. She’s now looking at things differently, since she’ll be attending A&M.

The good news is, once move-in happens, Labor Day rolls around…there is rarely chatter about students not liking their dorm.

1 Like

My D23’s date is 9/22. I hope that’s early enough for her Northside mod plans. Anyone know if she needs a backup plan?

Should be fine with that date. Do your research tho. In Northside Modulars, one side of the hall is quite a bit bigger/longer than the other. It varies by dorm, so you need to look at the specs on ResLife website, to know which dorm is longer odd or longer even.
The more info you know, the more successful you’ll be during dorm selection.
McFadden and Lechner are saved for University Honors

1 Like

I lived in McFadden in Old Ag days and got the long side there. When we did the tour w/ ResLife, I asked which sides were long in the other mods and they acted like they’d never heard that and said we needed to check the website. lol Thanks for the reminder.

Oh, it’s a thing! Not sure about Southside Mods, but definitely Northside. You should be able to tell, from building specs listed on ResLife page. It’s crazy tho, one dorm may be long/odd, while another is long/even.
Have you joined Aggie Moms/Dads of Current Students FB page? Parents will post about it closer to dorm selection, and you can always use the :mag_right: to see posts from prior years.

I think I’m a member there. I try to stay off FB as much as possible though so I forget to go there.

The Aggie FB pages will be your lifeline. Personally not a fan of Aggie Parents page (bunch of helicopter parents, they allow Blinn & PSA parents, etc), but the original page (link I sent you) and major specific pages can be a huge wealth of information! Definitely closer to dorm selection-so much chatter, tips, what to do, etc. And a huge help navigating NSC and dorm move-in.

1 Like

For hobby, the odd number rooms are bigger

3 Likes

Does anyone know when we will be able to register to try and get a parking permit?

Thanks!

@Klewis23 you definitely don’t want to apply for Parking until after dorm selection.
Parking at A&M is pretty much the ONLY thing that doesn’t require being first in line. Parking is a true lottery draw, based on seniority. Meaning, doesn’t matter if you apply 1st day or last (the window is open for a couple months), it’s a lottery draw.

Freshman living on campus are guaranteed a spot…somewhere (most will get West Campus Garage), as long as they apply during the window.
There’s are Transportation social media pages, plus Transportation website and icon found on A&M app. All are good to have & follow.

Howdy and TAMU email need to be checked daily at this point, by the student. Sports Pass and Parking dates will be posted, as well as all other important information.

Thank you !

1 Like

A&M app, Google, as many social media pages as you can find, Howdy, tamu email and Parent FB pages will be the lifeline!

1 Like