Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

You’ll want to get your maths done. Not knowing what they’ve already taken, hard to help you navigate. Speech is the hardest thing to get at Tamu. Some will just wait it out til junior senior year or go take a blinn.

You’ll need to look at any and all prereqs and have them completed before tying to transition early.

@Collegemichmatt yay! Welcome to Mays. Overall, Mays advisors are great. She’ll take a fairly basic schedule, maybe 1 intro Mays class in the fall. She’ll take Math 140 or 142, most likely whatever Econ she didn’t take in high school, maybe a Science. Advisor will suggest 12 hours-that’s pretty standard across Mays.
She’ll easily have classes across campus both semesters, maybe only 1-2 at Mays (Wehner is the bldg) each semester, so don’t pick a place to live based on major, tho Northside dorms are very convenient to most everything.
Wait to accept any & all AP credits! She needs to go over that with Mays advisor; dual credit applies automatically.
Book 2 nights in hotel now for NSC (night before day 1 & night of day 1). Day 2 at Mays welcomes the parents in the morning session, you’ll eat lunch with your kid, then all students at NSC register at the same time after lunch (parents not included in this). Mays registration is fast, you’ll be leaving early/mid afternoon.
All Mays students enter as BUAD, and don’t declare their major until after taking the 5 core classes, which is usually after sophomore/start of junior year.
Be sure to join Aggie Moms/Dads of Mays FB page! It’ll be a wealth of information! It’s all things Mays. Must answer ALL questions to join. There’s a great post from Feb 13 (by Jackson Thomas) that pretty much answers everything you would want to know, for an incoming Mays freshman .

Thank you so very much for the information!

1 Like

hi again! i have a housing question, and wondering if anyone could help out. i got an email saying phase 3 would open for me on april 3. by this time, what dorms are usually filled, and what are usually left over? also, when the phase opens, should i commit to a dorm before choosing a roommate (i heard the process was like hunger games)? or should i make sure i have a roommate and then choose a dorm?

i paid housing deposit on jan 16, just for reference.

Phase 3 is matching with a roommate. Dorm selection has not opened up yet.
I can’t stress enough, dig around on the ResLife page and Google.

1 Like

thank you for the links!

1 Like

You don’t choose housing til phase 4. And yes it’s like the hunger games but to be clear… no one ever comes back here and complains about where they ended up. It all works out. Just know your options.

3 Likes

got it, thank you!

Hello,

I applied for fall housing pretty late on the Feb 28. I was first on the waitlist but I was moved onto the temp list. I was afraid if I was going to get housing on campus because I received the regents scholarship, which requires me to live on campus. Is it possible to move off of temp list?

How will I be able to match with my desired roommate once phase 3 opens? I already know a person that I want to room with.

@kimseokjin1 temp list is guaranteed housing!
(Wait list is NOT guaranteed housing)
Tho you may start out in a converted study hall or another area, you’ll eventually get placed in a room, but it might not be until after school starts.

However, those on temp & wait list can NOT ‘match’ or be ‘pulled up’ with anyone. You can’t participate in phase 3 while on either wait/temp lists. IF you make it off temp list before dorm selection starts (don’t count on that…) you would be able to select a bed. But unless you ‘match’ with someone during phase 3, you won’t be able to room with them. Beds can’t be held for someone.

Dorm selection is phase 4, right? When is that usually?

Yes, phase 4 is dorm selection. Students will find out in April what their exact dorm selection time is, usually starts early May.
Temp List doesn’t participate in dorm selection.

It says that sports passes go on sale today, but I can’t figure out how to get them! Does someone have step by step instructions? Thanks.

Today is the day. Link will be in Howdy Portal, with instructions.
You will add it to your virtual cart, but won’t pay until August- $350. It’ll be tacked on to your tuition/dorm/fees bill.

1 Like

Where in Howdy? I don’t see any links? Thanks for the quick response

1 Like

I’m a parent, not a student, so can’t tell you exactly where. You can always google, too-the link will be on 12th Man page.
Have you checked your tamu email? Link may have been sent there, too,
Passes won’t sell out in a day, but they will be gone by sometime in the summer.

I couldn’t find any info on google, I’ll ask around. Thanks!

Google- ‘Texas A&M Student Sports Pass’
Popped right up. And it’ll be on your Howdy, promise.