Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

Follow the directions that I posted above. I called and they guided me through it. It’s different than it’s been in past years. My daughter got a confirmation screen and an email confirming it was done.

2 Likes

Question - my plan was to buy my son a computer at 12th man technology during NSC. However, he just called and told me his current laptop screen is not working. I may need to buy him one sooner to finish out the last month.

What is the downside to not buying a computer through Texas A&M?

Thank you.

@Jcb1 you can still buy one now from 12th Man Technology. Great warranty, they provide a replacement, if needed.
Just make sure you look at 12th Man website, if buying elsewhere, to get whatever his major recommends.

Thank you. I’ll see if they can ship me one soon!

1 Like

Another option for buying computers in cstat and having local support for problems is Avinext (1400 university drive), especially if you are set on a particular brand that 12th man doesn’t carry.

1 Like

Do the white creek apartments tend to fill up quickly? I heard it doesn’t fill up as quickly as hullaballoo because it’s so far from everything else.

At this point, every bed will be full. White Creek is very popular, with certain ppl. Because it’s more expansive and on West Campus, it’s not as popular with most students that want to be a regular dorm.
You and your roomie need a parent to join the Aggie Moms/Dads page. During dorm selection process, parents can ask their students (that have already selected) to go back into housing portal, to see what’s still open. This will be very important!

1 Like

Has anybody received an Aggieland Bound scholarship this year?

@Hike_and_bike Aggieland Bound scholarships might be been given up until school starts. They usually aren’t big, $500-1,000 range, 1 time.
Tell your student to check FinAid tab in Howdy at least once a week, to see if anything appears.
There’s always chatter about scholarships on Aggie Moms/Dads FB page.

My daughter gone an Aggieland Bound Scholarship in March. It was $2K all 4 years. Not enough, unfortunately, but onward and upward! Good Luck!

2 Likes

@kcoug26 oh wow! That’s a good one (as far as A&M scholarships go).

1 Like

My daughter was told by her AO that some scholarships will be released tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello all. It’s getting closer and closer! I’ve seen the numbers of how A&M is the largest public university in the country. Almost 75k—Wow! Has anyone seen ho many incoming freshman there will be in the Fall?

@TAMUMAMA there won’t be a number, until after May 1- Decision Day. They’ll go over numbers at NSC.
It’s overwhelmingly HUGE & competitive , that’s for sure!

1 Like

Anybody know what time room selection usually opens? Early morning or afternoon?

Throughout the day. One could have 8am and someone could have 5pm

1 Like

I was messing around with the Aggie Schedule Builder just to see about scheduling for next year, and I noticed that there were no spots in COMM 203 - Public Speaking for Fall 2023. I’m a FIVS major and wanting to minor in communications. It’s the same with FIVS 101 which is a first semester course which confuses me because freshman can’t register yet. Is this just a random thing because it’s pre-nsc and they haven’t updated from last year or is it actually legit that all spots have been taken somehow? (I’m pretty confused about it)

1 Like

@saltsun23 it would be next to impossible to get COMM 203 as a freshman, many students can’t even get a spot until junior or senior year.
I HIGHLY suggest taking COMM during WinterMester or MayMester, online via the cheapest community college/juco around the state.
COMM is a total crap shoot at A&M, you can get a crazy TA and it quickly becomes a super time consuming class. Take anywhere but A&M!

thank you for the info! this helped a lot :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was thinking fivs 101 was used as an elective but nope that’s a different class. Not sure why they wouldn’t have any classes open except that like you guess, it’s not updated yet.

1 Like