Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

Do i need my official final transcript submitted by NSC? My dates are June 1st and 2nd, and my counselor just emailed me saying sorry but the school doesn’t get around to releasing them until June 3rd. Which kind of sucks because I’ve already asked off from my job and my parents have hotels paid for. This happened when i applied too. They didn’t get transcripts for Juniors released until AUGUST 15th. There are two other NSC dates still available, and I’d rather not take those.

1 Like

@saltsun23 what does it say on your Howdy portal NSC checklist? That’s what you need to go by.

3 Likes

In the past, final transcript is not reqd for NSC. Some students actually went to NSC before graduating from hs.

1 Like

this makes me feel so much better. thank you so much!

D27 got May 8th for Room selection - anyone know when it opens up

@TamuDad15 opens on the 5th, the 8th is the 2nd day! Great selection date!
3 time slots per day.

1 Like

Can anybody tell me why a single room at Davis-Gary isnt a good choice for an engineering freshman? From where I stand, it seems better than a double at a modular hall even though it has communal bathrooms. I saw floorplans and photos on the official websita and whatsmched a couple videos on YouTube. Am i missing something?

@Hike_and_bike DG is a great dorm-right next to Hullabaloo, single rooms, great location, dorm has lots of character. Who said it isn’t good?
Freshman-all majors-will have classes ALL over campus. And every dorm will have all majors.

Just trying to get all cons and pros :slight_smile: We didn’t get to see this hall during our tours. From what I saw on internet, it might be a very good deal considering the price and availability.

Davis Gary is a ‘hidden gem’, I think. Location is ideal, can enjoy all the perks of Hullabaloo (Starbucks, Aggie Express store), easy walk to Kyle Field and West Campus. Price is ideal! It’s small, female only, pretty ‘under the radar’.
DG isn’t on dorm tours, so you didn’t miss it. You can view it virtually on ResLife.
It’ll fill pretty fast-because it’s small and single rooms-but you’ve got a chance to snag a room.

Do time slots come out at the same time? I haven’t gotten mine yet.

Yes, I believe everyone was notified yesterday.
Are you on Temp or Wait List? If so, you won’t get a dorm selection time.

You can get a parking permit in the lot right behind DG and there are some visitor parking spots right there. Great for easy move in and move out day. Train noise would be loud, so might need white noise at night or ear plugs, but can get used to it, I have always lived near train horns and I just tune them out. I think some kids just don’t want bathroom at the end of the hall style of living.

I was originally on the temp list but I was able to create a roommate group and access the roommate portal…

Time selections were sent out late yesterday. My Aggie is a senior, but friends were telling me.
Check TAMU.edu email and Howdy-not sure where it was sent.

Does anyone know when we will be requested to make payment for fall 2023? Is this going to be per semester and what options will be available to parents to make? My daughter is Blinn Team and would be helpful if someone can provide some insight.

We haven’t gotten any scholarship except for standard Federal loan (upto $5500).

You need to follow AggieOneStop and download the A&M app. The app has the calendar for everything-sports, academic, holidays, payment due dates and more. AggieOneStop website gives payment details. Google can always show most things, too.
The big bill-tuition, dorm, Meal Plan, sports pass, fees, etc won’t be due until August 18.
They will go over all of this during NSC

Blinn TEAM is separate, since they’re a different institution. You’d have to look at their website.

My daughter loves her room in Davis Gary! She renewed the same room for next year. No roommates . Quiet. Clean. Good location. I crashed there recently on parent weekend. The common bathroom is totally fine. First of all every time I’ve been there it’s empty. It’s certainly not crowded or public feeling. There are plenty of toilets and showers. The stalls are private. When I spent the night no one was ever in there! She has a full size bed, window with view of lawn and water tower, sink and mirror in her room. My daughter prefers it over the suite style sharing one toilet/shower with 2-3 other people. My daughters classes are all in Langford architecture building which is right next to the engineering building. I’ve walked it with her. It was a 15 min walk. I pay to park in the visitor parking right outside Davis Gary. No problem.

3 Likes

I was hoping you’d chime in! DG is definitely a ‘hidden gem’ dorm.
I had community bathrooms in college, loved it! You never woke up anyone, they’re cleaned daily. I’d take community bathrooms anyday over shared.

2 Likes

Does DG have elevator?
Is May 10 at 12:30 a good chance for getting a single room or should come up with several options?