Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

I have TX Promise Fund units. Should I select Fixed or Variable?

@TexasMom88 Fixed.

The number of Promise Fund units that I purchased is fixed already. If I choose Variable, will it be better than Fixed?

@TexasMom88 you won’t have an option, it’ll automatically be Fixed. You literally won’t be paying for tuition, you can’t get better than that.
My student has Texas Tomorrow Fund.

WHat are Texas Tomorrow Fund and Promise fund? Hearing this for the first time.

Prepaid college investment programs, you can Google them. My in-laws purchased for my kids at birth (the earlier you buy, the cheaper), limited enrollment periods. I don’t even know if the programs are still current?

My daughter received an email just this morning stating she is accepted into the University Honors program. Is that typical to receive an email such late into the year? I thought she was not selected. I guess they are picking folks from the waitlist?

Also - the issue is acceptance means, she will have to let go of her current residence hall plans and go with Honors residence plans.

Is it worth doing it ? She will be a Mays student. THoughts?

@Collegemichmatt totally typical for UH. They are known to wait until after May 1. I suspect many they had accepted declined.

Good news is, your daughter is guaranteed a bed in Lechner or McFadden-Northside Modulars. And she’ll get priority early registration for spring semester. Bad news is, if she has a roommate, that messes up their situation. UH knows dorm selection started yesterday, so this is completely unacceptable-I think-to wait so late.

Hopefully others weigh in, but of all the programs at TAMU, I am least impressed by UH. It is nothing like UT Plan II or any of the major/college specific programs at A&M. There seems to be a mass exodus after freshman and sophomore years. It’s the only program I know of that pulls up applicants from a Wait List and solicits students to apply (my Aggie’s sophomore year, UH sent out a blanket email to every student with a 3.5+ cum gpa, to apply).

There are some that do enjoy the program, and fit in with the UH crowd. Guess it depends on how badly your daughter wants to be in an honors program.

1 Like

I took the math placement test and it said to enroll into math 140, but I am trying to take that course at Blinn online. When I do the transfer course equivalency it says that at Blinn I should take Math (MATH 140 - MATH FOR BUSINESS AND SOC SCI [3]). But then when I go to register for that class at Blinn it gives me these options:
-Math for Busi & Social Sciences I (Finite Mathematics)
Flex Online

and

-Math for Busi & Social Sciences I
Flex Online
Take w CRN 31072

does anyone know which one I should take in order for the course to transfer over to A&M?
Thank you!

1 Like

@ilew2027 whats your major?

B.S. psychology

I bet @ChristiR93 will know

1 Like

how would I be able to get in contact with her?

Collegemichmatt - if she likes her current roommate and housing assignment, I would not switch to UH. The biggest benefit is the very early registration, which is huge for success at a such a large school. But you would have to take a random roommate in a random room, if you were going pot luck or had super late dorm selection, that would be one thing, but if it were me I would take known roommate over unknown roommate. My $.02.

1 Like

She will see that I tagged her, or you can click on her name and message her directly.

1 Like

Math 140 is 1324 at Blinn

https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/appendices/texas-common-course-numbering-system/

2 Likes

and it doesn’t matter the course name, as long as it is 1324?

Definitely a great FB & Instagram page to follow!

Correct. The course numbers are what transfers not the title. You could have the same title as a Tamu class and it may not transfer if the course number doesn’t Match.

Take Math 1324 at Blinn or most junior colleges and it’ll transfer as math 140. 1325 is math 142.

@ilew2027 unless your permanent residence is in Washington County/Brenham, take anywhere but Blinn! Blinn is seriously overpriced, and not necessarily easier. Shop around the state for the cheapest course offered.

1 Like