Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

I went to law school after graduating from A&M with an International Studies degree. One of the people at the top of my law school class was another Aggie with a journalism degree. Another top student was a mom of 5 who had been an accountant for 15 years. Basically, if you want to go to law school, major in something that you love and you’ll get the best grades in to help get you into the best law school. But if you’re not 100% sure you’re going to law school, pick something you love that could lead to another fulfilling career.

3 Likes

He has great stats! I would be shocked if he didn’t get into both VA Tech and Mines. WE have friends at both with weaker stats.

1 Like

Thank you. We are pretty confident about his chances at all the schools he’s applied to. He got the maximum $20k/year university scholarship at Pitt which is really nice. Some of the best parts of his profile are the non-stats pieces and he’s an excellent writer, especially for an engineering student.

1 Like

@Culbreath wow, 20k a year?! Does that make cost comparable to TAMU? (Assuming you’re in TX).
That’s amazing!

@52AG82 Yes we are TX residents. It makes it pretty close but Pitt is still a little more. It covers the out of state tuition plus a few thousand more so it’s definitely an option.

1 Like

He is making progress. Mines and Purdue are submitted, the only one left now is VA Tech. Also Pitt honors and TAMU engineering honors. Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

Has anyone heard from Mays schools on their honors program admissions. My Daughter got admitted to Mays and is awaiting honors program decisions. Any idea when they come out? How do they communicate the decisions? Via email?

Some BH packets/invitations have already gone out, I know at least 1 person who has been accepted.
BH sends a packet in the mail, it will not show up on Howdy or via email.
You should follow this thread-

@Collegemichmatt here’s a good blurb about what BH is looking for-
https://mays.tamu.edu/bba-business-honors/what-we-look-for/

Thank you. She was invited to attend the A&M Business Honors - Virtual Informational zoom session. Awaiting decision. She has all good credentials except that she is very close to top 10 but not top 10! Her SAT is 1500, 15 APs when done with senior year. Good leadership and EC roles. Lets see what happens.

I also wondering if a students gets into regular programs at McCombs and Austin and Honors at A & M, which one would make more sense? I know its a personal choice, but from a pure academics, job placement etc perspective, any input?

1 Like

@Collegemichmatt I’d say BH over McCombs, but I’m sure others might say McCombs. Both great Business schools, but completely different universities. Have McCombs decisions come out yet?
Does your daughter have strong community service?

1 Like

Still awaiting McCombs decision, but she is hoping to make it, even though I personally think it will be tough to get into McCombs. Daughter has very strong community service, as a matter of fact she got the silver medal presidents award for her service hours she put in as part of NHS. And she has other community services as well. Does Community service play into the business Honors selection process?

My DD did not get an invite for A&M Business Honors - Virtual Informational zoom session. Is the zoom session indication of serious consideration? TIA

@Collegemichmatt BH looking for a VERY well rounded student-class leader, dedicated community service, top of their class (valedictorian-3/4% rank), all levels of NM (or very high test scores), entrepreneurs & more.
I’ve never heard of anyone getting into McCombs, that wasn’t Top 6%, and the ones we know were all 1-2%. Do they publish stats on McCombs acceptances?

I sent you this link, it’s a solid indicator of what they’re looking for, current class stats.
https://mays.tamu.edu/bba-business-honors/what-we-look-for/

@AHS in 2018, when my Aggie applied, they didn’t have zoom invitationals (I don’t even know if they had zoom, at all, in 2028!:sweat_smile:). Students either got the BH packet in the mail (invitation/acceptance) or they got a regular sized letter/envelope (decline).
I would assume getting a zoom link invite could be an indication of interest.

1 Like

Sorry, I missed “not” in my earlier message. She did not receive an invitation

1 Like

I have seen several mention they did get zoom links, so unfortunately that might be an indication. BH acceptance packets have already been received by some.

@AHS what are your daughters stats? She’s been admitted to Mays, correct?

1 Like

Yes, She is admitted to Mays. Top 4%, NH Commended, Good ECs with multiple awards, 3 officer positions including sports team, Summer work experience and Intern during school year

1 Like

@AHS —I got the impression that anyone who applied to Honors was invited to the virtual Q&A. It seemed like a blanket email like the packet acknowledging that they applied. Maybe y’all just missed the email. I think it came in late October.

1 Like