Texas A&M applicant

I was wondering what my chances were of getting into A&M, can anyone help me out?

Stats?

act: 22
sat: 1140 (600 reading, 540 math)
I am in the top 20% of my class

@heyhey17 Those test scores are really low my friend. I’m not saying it’s impossible but with out knowing anything else about you, I’m going to say your chances are slim for full admission. Your ranking is decent it’s just your test scores holding you back. Do you have anything that’ll help on the other end, ECs, LOR, strong essay, etc.?

I agree, the SAT/ACT scores are way below average for A&M. Plus popular majors like business, engineering, computers, etc are hyper-competitive. Getting into the school is only half the battle. Getting into a good major is done when you’re a freshman, and they give priority to top students. It’s near impossible to get into popular majors from the outside if you’re not admitted as a freshman. That’s how UT and A&M game the system to keep graduation rates artificially high.

You might want to consider Texas State or UTSA. The admissions to popular majors is much more straight forward and fair. For example, in business majors, all prospective majors take the same prerequisites and are admitted based on capacity.