Texas A&M Blinn team questions.

<p>I just got accepted to the TAMU blinn team. Can someone please explain to me in detail what that is. From my understanding I get my AA there and am automatically accepted to A&M Fall of 2015. But what if I'm almost done getting my AA? Will I be able to transfer earlier than 2015?</p>

<p>I believe you have to go to Blinn for the first two years.</p>

<p>Yes, you can apply for a transfer before the two year program is over. According to the website, half of all Blinn TEAM students gained full admission early. </p>

<p>Read about it at blinnteam.tamu.edu under “Prospective Students”.</p>

<p>I received the same offer as a freshman applicant. What I wonder is whether or not full admission decisions are possible for me by the time final decisions are made in March-April as stated on A&M’s Blinn Team’s page. It is February now. In my case, is the offer solely based on eligibility or a result of being wait listed because of full enrollment?</p>

<p>From what I understand after talking to admissions yesterday, I don’t think any other offers will be made.</p>

<p>So if I stuck with it and got into a&m would it be worth it. I could just go straight to UCF instead. I would rather go to a&m as long as going to blinn then TAMU wouldn’t look bad compared to just going straight to a university like UCF.</p>

<p>I asked them that question as well. They said that it has no stigma attached to it and the hours simply show up as transfer hours. The degree you earn is from Texas A&M like any student who received full admission from the start. I have talked with many people and I haven’t heard many cons at all.</p>

<p>If your goal is to get a degree from A&M, and you didn’t get fully admitted - Blinn Team is THE AWESOME WAY TO GO in my opinion. You take some classes on the campus, you can live on the campus, you can participate in a lot of the campus organizations, you can get a sports pass - in most ways you ARE an AGGIE! However, transfer in early as a regular transfer student if you can. Go to the department you want to transfer into at TAMU and get some advising! :)</p>

<p>You’ve probably already read that after two years of Blinn TEAM and having a 3.0 at both schools, 15 credit hours at A&M, and 45 at Blinn you’ll get automatically accepted. Yet, you can apply for full admission after the first year if you have the right qualifications. Engineering and business might require the whole two year program if that’s what you were aiming for.</p>

<p>TEAM actually isn’t awful. If your goal is to be at A&M, this is the best way to start it. You can do everything a normal freshman does, except play a sport and if you’re a girl join a sorority. Other than that, you get the same privileges as everyone else. Shoot, I even studied abroad to Costa Rica this winter as a TEAM freshman. </p>

<p>Nobody usually knows you’re TEAM unless you say so, so whenever you’re actually on A&M’s campus, you fit right in :slight_smile: The only down part is you do have to take classes at Blinn and it can be hard to transfer into the major you want since majority of majors require certain coursework to be taken before transferring. I say go for it though.</p>

<p>There was surprisingly 1000 of us this year, so they’re everywhere and you won’t be alone.</p>