Texas A&M Chance me

3.9 GPA , ranked 156/519 , sat score 1240. I will graduate with 24 hours and i am in NHS, NTHS, NEHS, Superintendent society and did sports all year

first major is biomedical sciences and second is public health

For A&M your chances are very good if you’re a Texas resident. If not, it’s much more difficult. Right now, your stats look good! If you’re out of state, you want to keep some backup schools just in case. Good luck!

@coolguy40 where did you get that information?

I live in Texas. I went to a Texas college. 90% of applications are reserved for Texas residents. That includes A&M.

Not true. http://kxan.com/2017/06/01/ut-chancellor-hopes-to-increase-out-of-state-student-numbers/ Only UT-Austin has that cap due to their exception to the top 10% rule. See section a-1 & j http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/education-code/educ-sect-51-803.html It does not apply to TAMU.

@camrynashley so did you get in?

@camrynashley so did you get in?

@futureaggie405 @camrynashley was likely offered PSA as were a lot of applicants who received decisions on March 8 and whose change of major buttons disappeared on Howdy and AIS before receiving any other admissions decision.

What are my chances into getting into Mays?
SAT 650 math 680 writing 1330 in total
90/548 top 17%
AP credit in 3 classes
Wrote a good essay but I don’t know if they take that into account
Played basketball all 4 years
Applied August 8th

@Senioritis_01 : It is my understanding that Mays Business School only takes 1,000 Freshman and these seats are filled by Top 10% Automatic Admits and the Top 25% Academic Admits before the Review Applications are seen. Getting into Mays as a Review Applicant is extremely difficult.

Since you are a Top 17% rank, your best bet is to improve your SAT score to the Academic Admit level asap. Or take the ACT (they have one that can be scheduled to be taken at TAMU and is scored only for TAMU). Identify your weak areas and study, study, study, and retake the SAT or take the ACT. Do this asap. Khan Academy online is supposed to be goo. Channel the energy that you use worrying about your admissions into turning yourself into an Academic Admissions student.

Also, Auto and Academic Admits will receive their admissions offer well before the Review Admits. The review admits from previous years generally received their offers after Christmas and sometimes as late as March. Think about all of the energy you will spend on worrying if you have to wait until then.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

@camrynashley Did You get in?? your response will really be helpful for others!!