Texas A&M chance me

@fishfamx4 If he stays as holistic review, be prepared to wait until after the new year for a decision. Primarily Auto and Academics hear in Sept- Nov (depending on when they apply) and only a few percentage hear if in the holistic review category.

And I’ve only seen Spring admission transfers get the 6 tabs so far on this forum, unless I’ve missed it (which is sooo possible).

@AggieMomhelp What is the difference between Galveston and Blinn? Would he actually have to live in Galveston? Would be a bummer to miss out on living on campus his freshman year…but that may be the way the cards fall for him. Especially coming from a long line of Aggies, including his Dad, who have groomed him on what an amazing experience he would have at A&M… They are all pretty shocked at how competitive A&M is now.

So Galveston is full admission, but he would do the first year in Galveston and then apply to an engineering major after he completes the first year (assuming he took all required courses). Then he would move up to Cstat. For Engineering Blinn Academy, he could live on TAMU campus and have all the perks of being a tamu student. He would just take some classes at the Blinn Rellis campus. To me, that’s the better option. All Engineering majors, Blinn, CStat, Galveston, other engineering academies, follow the same path freshman year and if they do the required courses and earn a 3.5, then they are guaranteed their top major. Does this make sense?

@AggieMomhelp Yes, thank you. We were prepared for Blinn, but hadn’t thought about Galveston until you replied “Odds are good for either full admit though or Galveston (for the first year)”. Do they typically offer one over the other in certain situations?? Sorry for all the questions. My son is our oldest so I’m learning as we go :). Just want to be educated if one of those options was to present itself.

@fishfamx4 No worries about the questions… how else will you learn?

So last year was the first time we saw some students actually get an option for Blinn Academy or Galveston. Not everyone got the option, but we know several that did. IF you get main campus (CSTAT), then there’s no option as of course you want it! It’s really a numbers game for freshman year. How many seats on main campus vs. students. Then it falls to Blinn Academy and Galveston. Both are treated as full admits but some classes taken elsewhere.

@fishfamx4 I was just reading and thought I’d chime in. My son was offered a choice of Blinn Engineering Academy or Galveston last year on February 8th. So expect it to take some time. I’m not going to lie, the wait was excruciating! But he selected Blinn and it is going great. He takes calculus & chemistry at the Rellis campus (there are buses from main campus that go to Rellis) and an Engineering class and history on main campus. He’s living in the engineering community on campus and he loves it. The bonus is the Blinn classes are small and the professors have proven to be very approachable. It is really the best of both worlds. None of the students care if someone is Engineering Academy. They get all of the benefits of living on campus, football games. Etc. If your student is offered this, jump on it quickly. Last year they were given a choice and of course the academy at Blinn filled quickly.

For reference, he was top 25%, his SAT was 1370, but his verbal portion was 10 points shy of the requirement for academic admit. Just be prepared for a bit of a wait. Just try to enjoy senior year. Good luck to your student :slight_smile:

@KeetsMom Thank you for your reply. I have a feeling it is just going to be a long wait until Jan/Feb for him. Ugh…