25-english
27-math
24-reading
1170-SAT composite
560-reading/writing
610-math
Top 25%
Both parents graduated from Texas A&M
I’m white, played soccer and cross country, accepted into honors programs every year of high school, have good letters of recommendation, and have service hours
I’m a senior and applied to Texas A&M in November 2018 what are my chances of admissions?

@Thelma2

Also in all pre AP and AP classes through high school and even have college credits

And is there anything I can do now that would help me, college visit, etc?

@will23
There is nothing an applicant can do to increase their chances of admission after Junior year in high school. Nothing beyond that is considered. Legacy consideration ended in 2004.
The likelihood of full admission is low. There is a small window of full admission offers for review applicants, around 13%.
A Blinn Team or Gateway offer could happen. There is just no way to know because we don’t know the competition you are up against for those spots. Going by pass admissions cycles, PSA would be a more likely offer.

Why are the chances so low? I’m in the top quarter of my class and have good application I played cross country and soccer and had jobs throughout school. Some of my friends last year had similar stats to me and all got in from my school

@will23

Chances are low for review admits because A&M received over 40 Thousand applications and the bulk of the freshman class yield is Auto and Academic Admits, leaving room for a small number of review admits for full admissions. That is why they offer different pathway admissions for them, like Gateway and Blinn Team.

@Thelma2 how low do you think full admit chances are to BIMs or Bio with a 1350 SAT?

@UTmom2020 it is impossible to say because I can’t compare with whom they are up against.

A&M tries to admit 20-35% of review admits but this is spread among various admission decisions, including Full Admit, Engineering at Galveston, Engineering at Blinn/Bryan, Blinn Team and Gateway.
We know for fall 2017, 530 were offered Gateway, 2400 offered Blinn Team, 855 offered Engineering Academy at Blinn/Bryan, 1200 offered Engineering at Galveston, and 580 offered Engineering Academy at McAllen. They don’t say how many were offered full admissions but after crunching all of the numbers from the DARS reports for number of admissions offered, total enrolled and plugging in who was offered what, it came to about 13% of review admits offered full admissions. There were 27,000 review admit applications. The rest were offered PSA.

When do you think someone like me will probably find out the decision? @Thelma2

@will23 have you received decision yet?

@will23 someone last night posted they got offered PSA- 3.5 gpa, 1310 SAT. Seems PSA offers started going out last night and this morning; check your portal.