Texas A&M chances

<p>I am a Junior Right now and will be applying as soon as I can next semester I was just curious what my chance were as I stand now, Im looking to get into Mays and if possible Business Honors</p>

<p>Class rank 107/496 (top 21%), 4.06 G.P.A (up from 3.86 and #139 from beginning of this year), will hopefully continue to rise by the end of this semester </p>

<p>Took SAT once so far without studying just to test the waters and got a 1200 cr/m with a 600 in each, will be taking again in February and May with the ACT thrown in there at some point</p>

<p>Im in IB with taking Chem SL this semester and Latin SL, Math SL, English HL, History HL, and Physics HL next year (with either Art SL or Phycology SL as well)</p>

<p>Ive been Technical director or Designer for 7 School productions and 3 talent shows, dont know of that adds anything to my application or not</p>

<p>they look at class rank, GPA and act/sat scores. With your class rank I would say you need to have a higher sat score. I would also suggest taking the act test. if you are not close to the top 10% you really need to have fairly high scores. Good Luck!</p>

<p>I think if you get your test score up you have a great chance at Mays. I don’t think your chances at business honors are as good. My D had much higher stats and did not get business honors…</p>

<p>Also the key to getting admitted as a review admit besides GPA and high test scores is to apply early. Sept or early oct. Do all of your essays during the summer and apply as soon as you can!</p>

<p>Got SAT scores from Feb. back and got a 680 math and 630 cr, so up to a 1310
does this mean I can qualify for an automatic academic admit?</p>

<p>Yes! As long as you are still in the top 25% at the end of your junior year! So keep up the hard work and you will be auto admit! I would still apply as early as possible because if the business school is full when you apply, you will be auto admit but you are not guaranteed your first choice major!</p>

<p>Yes! Good work, karuza! Keep it up and you’ll get in! My suggestion is to print out an old application, have all of your info. ready, and as soon as your application comes available, fill in the blanks. The applications don’t usually change much if any. Prepare your essays for cut and paste. If you apply right away, and your rank holds, you’ll get into mays.</p>

<p>I have recently contemplated doing engineering with either mechanical or petrol engineering as my major, is this more selective than mays? Do I have a chance at either of these?</p>

<p>You are currently considered an auto-admit. So if you keep your rank up at or above top 25%, you can get in either school.</p>

<p>You just have to apply EARLY. Engineering fills up really fast. So as soon as the application becomes available, get it in.</p>

<p>(Just realized I gave the details about getting the app in early above already)</p>