Texas A&M Chances?

Howdy!
I’m very anxious on my TAMU acceptance!
I have a very unique situation, so I figured I would ask y’all about my chances.
My major is Dance Science, and I’ve already been accepted into the dance program at A&M, but I have to either be accepted into Blinn TEAM, Gateway, or receive full admission to be able to be in the program.

-GPA: 3.82
-ACT score: 22 (timed tests are NOT my specialty…I took it 3 times and made a 22 all 3 tests)
-Company member of dance studio in my town (I dance 20 hours a week, sometimes more)
-NHS member
-Choir member
-60 Service hours
-In the summer I go to dance intensives (I dance probably around 80 hours a week for 3-5 weeks)
-Multiple dance and choir awards

My friend who is in the dance program as well already received acceptance. She goes to a private school that has no ranking. She made a 28 on her ACT. Very proud of her! I’m just super anxious now that she’s heard from TAMU.
If y’all could help me out, I would be so grateful!
Thanks!
-Bree

Your ACT is below TAMU’s 25th percentile, so with your GPA your chances are probably around 55%.

Your chances aren’t particularly great but I have a hard time fathoming that you’d get rejected. You could try to submit a supplement about how timed tests make you nervous.

Do you think they would offer Blinn TEAM or Gateway instead?
Since it’s past Dec.1 do you think I can still do that?

Hey there. I see you are trying to see what your chances are on almost every thread so let me shine some light on the process. Your ACT score is the only thing holding your application back. That ACT converts to around a 1110 SAT which is well below average for A&M. You aren’t in the top 10% which means you don’t stand out in either of the two academic spheres (tests and academic history). If you do not have a leadership position in one of those Extracurricular Activities then your chances for full admission are slim. On a more positive note it is very unlikely that you will be flat out rejected. They may offer you to do the Gateway program which is essentially the same as full admission, or they might offer Blinn Team (which is another choice you will have to consider). All in all if you really want to attend A&M there are pathways to get in, so don’t stress to much about it. You will most likely know by February 17th so just keep your mind off it and check AIS once a week. Best of luck, a future at A&M awaits you.

For my major there is no specifics in ACT. And some people as low as top 20% are in the program.
I’m in the lead rolls for all of our productions so I guess that makes me have a leadership title? Ballet doesn’t have “presidents” and such.
Thanks for the info.

Note found out today Blinn Team requires a 3.8 GPA in order to complete pathway to Mays Business!!! Yes I double checked and no it is not updated on line, this is a new requirement which is making us question if we will be accepting the Blinn Team :frowning: