Texas A&M Class of 2025...After you have been accepted...Q&A

274 is facing the inside courtyard at the end of the building near where the split in the building Letter C shape is. That corner of the building is closest to Sbisa and the volleyball/basketball courts. Oh, and that room should be right on top of the Starbucks as well.

Great location then…I thought same thing about Starbucks but housing said not directly above. I was worried about noise. Hope not. Do you know for sure it is?

If only there was someone on here that told you it would all be ok and not to stress about this part lololol :thinking::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

So happy for him. He’s going to love it.

1 Like

Wait… I believe someone did say that! I can’t remember who… lol, yes, you said that many times. I even repeated your advice to others “A wise woman once told me…”. But, I was still completely stressed about it. We were laughing so hard after I snapped at my son when he touched my computer that I almost couldn’t see to start the process. Good thing is that he fully understands and appreciates how much effort I put into this! He is the one when I told him that I was not sure that I could get him the Hullabaloo Double, he told me he has faith in me. I am glad I did not break his faith. Honestly, I feel a little like Super Mom right now!

2 Likes

Rock that cape girl. You deserve it. And Happy Mother’s Day!!!

You too!

Is there any recommendations/suggestions on a Northside Modular hall? Son will get to pick this afternoon, Hullaballo is his first choice and Modular is second. There are so many Northside halls, not sure if one is better over the other. I am hopeful that he will have options to choose :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Thanks!

How exciting. Sounds like there will be options. I don’t have any recommendations per se, but have you looked at campus map to see where the dorms are situated on north side? I believe all have been renovated to “hard wood” floors. They are all pretty spacious. Double check with res life about renovations (you don’t want the nasty carpet).

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

You will probably only get to mainly chose from Neeley, Haas, and Hobby. In addition to location, another thing to consider is recent renovations. Looking at Room and Furniture Dimensions sheets, it appears that Haas is most up to date with most recent renovations and Hobby is a close second. Also, the summary says Hobby does not have a common kitchen but someone recently said one was added so who knows.

Also, Neely - even numbered rooms are larger (36sq ft extra)
Hobby - odd numbered rooms are larger (36sq ft extra)
Haas - south side larger. (from fb) 104-122 is longer and 123-142 is shorter. (36sq ft extra)

Best wishes!

4 Likes

One of my kids lived in McFadden and another in Lechner. To be honest, I couldn’t tell the difference when walking in them. There are some rooms that are mysteriously larger than others, but not by much. McFadden had newer vinyl flooring back in 2016-2017. I believe Lechner did as well around that time.

Don’t let the pictures fool you, renovations do not mean these dorms had Chip and Joanna Gaines come and fix them up. These dorms are 30-40+ years old and you can tell. BUT, they are in overall great condition and better than what I had (when hot and cold water ran through the pipes to create heat or cooling). Lord, don’t get me started on when they cranked the hot water in late October when it was still 90 degrees outside and we had to sleep with our windows open (memories).

2 Likes

When we were looking at backups, he knew he wanted NS Modulars. I could not find much of a difference. I did hours of research (the definition of OCD) and then called my son over to look at the map. He immediately said he wanted Haas (the basketball court is right there), Hobby (closest to dining) and the Neeley (Close to dining and NSG). To him it was ALL about location. In reality, they are all close together. I don’t think there is enough of a difference to matter.

2 Likes

They need to look at who they are hiring to do the renovations… get Chip and Joanna on them!

3 Likes

Thank you so much everyone! Will let you all know how it goes.

One quick question, is any hall preference for Engineering majors?

1 Like

Southside is typically quieter and closer to the Engineering LLC in the Commons. Both are the same distance from Zachary building.

2 Likes

Engineering Village is Aston and Mosher. Engineering Honors (ECOS) LLC housed in Mosher. General Engineering LLC in Aston and Mosher.
Engineering Village

Family friends picked Wells Hall back in 2018 to be close to the Engineering Village but not in it. Also preferred the idea of the smaller 235 total students in the dorm. These two kids have done just fine and were very satisfied with their choice. (Small sample size of two kids, but maybe that’s of some help.)

1 Like

Son picked Neely! He is mad that he couldn’t sign up for Hullabaloo. I would blame it mostly on the website and also we lost internet for a couple of mins, which made things worse. At the end of the day, it just for an year and it will all work out well :).

Notes from our experience today

Clicked “select” option under Hullabaloo to see available rooms.
A blank page showed up for about 3 mins.
We thought there are no available rooms clicked the “Go Back” button, which took about another 3-4 mins to load.
Meanwhile, Hullabaloo rooms showed up, but before we selected a double room, we got routed back to main hall selection and the double rooms with double occupancy was booked by then. Patience is the key, keep waiting till the page loads completely and the rooms will eventually show up.

Hullabaloo still has a lot of options for single or double occupancy if your child (should I say adult?) is ok with a single, double or 4 person suite. It didn’t fit my son’s need since he is rooming with his friend and is particular about a double room.

We also learnt that if the room mates are in 2 different time slots, group leader can book together only for the first time. If you want to change rooms after the initial reservation, even if it is in the next minute, each has to do it separately at their own time slot.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

He’s going to have a great experience.

Great info too. Thank you for sharing the struggle and how to possibly prevent it!

Keep in mind that rooms may open up over the summer if he wants to keep checking for hullabaloo. Has he ever seen a modular tho? They are great in my opinion. At least if renovated. So much closet space. Only negative is a small shower. Like small!!!

2 Likes

Neeley has several advantages due to location. Northside parking garage if he is lucky enough to get it. Sbisa is right outside his door. HEB dropzone at Schumacher parking a few steps away. Post Office, if kids even know what that is nowadays, is next door. And he can walk directly across University to sit at the Chicken for hours and hours and hours (oh wait, that was me).

He’s gonna do great!!

2 Likes

At one point I thought about changing rooms yesterday, but was worried about his roommates time slot. I am glad we left it alone!!!