Texas A&M Class of 2025...After you have been accepted...Q&A

@clobber88 not sure what you’re asking? Do you live in Texas? If you’re OOS, it is very difficult to get in-state residency (must receive $4,000 in scholarships from A&M, to qualify).

I am in state, but it is complicated and will likely have the challenge the status. Most school portals I am familiar with (like UT) show the status that you have been accepted.

@clobber88 are you able to view your Financial Aid? I would think that amount would should either in-state or OOS?

What is the process for accepting AP credit? Does the student send the AP score report over the summer and then choose which credits to take, or should they avoid sending the score report until they know which credits they want to use?

@Culbreath do NOT accept any AP credits, until speaking with Advisor! Once you accept, you can’t take them back. Dual Credit are automatic, but AP is accepted. Absolutely don’t accept yet-there are benefits to not accepting all at once, and there can be huge downsides to accepting, w/o going over everything with your Advisor.

1 Like

Thanks @52ag82. I guess my question is, does sending the AP score report = accepting credits, or does the student send the AP score report and then discuss with the advisor which credits to accept or not accept? Should they avoid sending the AP score report altogether until they have spoken with the advisor?

Sending report is not the same as accepting

Thanks. Looks like Ill have to set up the 2FA to access that.

For anyone who wants to join the Corps, reach out to get info about the various units so that you can get your name on the list for a specific unit. I’m under the impression that they do fill up, so if you want a particular unit, put that on your to-do list.

My daughter reached out yesterday and got confirmation today that her name is on the list for her Grandfather’s unit. She is SO excited!

I also have to say, after the dumpster fire that was 2020, it is so nice to have some things to celebrate!

3 Likes

Thank you for the reminder to look for phase 1 completion. I filled it out and paid, and thought it was done. I went back after reading your post and realized it was in fact not complete.

1 Like

Well you aren’t the only one. Glad you caught it!!! We didn’t have phases when my son went through this (class of 2022).

My daughter signed up for some Panhellenic Preview in March “virtual”, I guess she wants to join a Sorority. Any insight on what this Panhellenic Preview is about?

@TamuDad15 i was in a sorority, I’m still an active alum. Texas A&M Panhellenic has a FB page, Instagram and maybe other social media? They aren’t great about updating FB page or website.
Definitely ‘attend’ the virtual Preview Day. Hopefully it is better, more organized then the in person ones have been.
Greek life can be great, I’m a big supporter!
Most important thing, register with your local, hometown Panhellenic (you don’t do this until April-ish). Larger towns will have their own Rush Table, Rush RoundUp in the spring. Your hometown Panhellenic will know the right information, deadlines. If they don’t, find an active sorority alum friend to help you. A&M Panhellenic can be quite disorganized, not always giving the most accurate info, sadly.
The goal of Preview at A&M is to give an overview of the sororities, tell what chapters there are, show slides.
All the houses at A&M are great, strong chapters!
https://cpc.tamu.edu/

1 Like

Awe that’s great. Greek life at Tamu is great. It’s not for everyone but it’s good to look at if she’s Interested in learning more. Every house can have a different feel based on the girls.

Let us know how the preview goes. Virtual is probably going to be really informative.

My daughter is studying engineering and would like to stay in Hullabaloo. She does not have a roommate yet and was accepted on 11/12. Does anyone know a trick for someone that was accepted later to get into Hullabaloo?

@Aggies96n97 only chance of getting Hullabaloo (paying 11/12) is to snag an empty bed, with someone she doesn’t know, OR find a roommate who was accepted 1st two days in September, that can pull her up. Once selection is over, she can always go back in and try to find a bed, but a full room for 2 won’t ever open up-in Hulla.

1 Like

Thank you. That is kind of what I’ve heard as well. Second choice would be The Commons (where I lived in 92-93).

1 Like

Ok, now I am scratching my head, my daughter signed up for Phase 1 and they said Phase 2 won’t open till 1st March for her to pick the dorm/find a roommate, etc. Am I missing something here?

Hullabaloo has all sorts of configurations that it’s possible to snag a bed in a double room double suite.

2 Likes

Thanks, she would want a double room or suite so we will keep our fingers crossed.