Texas A&M Class of 2025...After you have been accepted...Q&A

Ahhh, memories

1 Like

Does anyone know if you got a TEAB offer and signed housing contract on March 2 what the dorm options are (assuming roommate potluck)? I think the contract still says guaranteed housing, but realizing you guys are talking about November housing contracts as opposed to March ones. TIA!

The New Student Conference just announced that they will be online. In their words, it will be a “fully virtual experience with an option for an in-person experience later in the summer.”

2021 NSC Updates

1 Like

You beat me to it. So sad for these students. This sucks.

2 Likes

I was SO looking forward to my son getting an in-person NSC. This is such a bummer! I’ve also been waiting to hear about Fish Camp. They’ve been dragging their feet on releasing any info, but we’re not sure we’ll register, even if it’s in person.

So disappointed about this!!!

1 Like

Note to self: “Self, don’t forget to cancel hotel reservations”

3 Likes

Sadly, my son decided to decline his offer of admission to TAMU. Now we are trying to cancel his housing contract and cannot figure out how to do so. We’ve looked around in his portal and in the housing section but don’t see the cancel option. Has anyone cancelled housing successfully?

@Culbreath
Go into the oncampusaggies housing portal:

choose 21/22 Academic Year App.
You will see the different phases of housing across the top.
Choose “Application Checkpoint” (at the end of Phase 1 section).
Select the drop down under Select next Step.
There is an option to cancel there.

Good luck to you son!

2 Likes

I have to remember where all I made reservations… I know I had 2, but did I have more??? lol

Although I am disappointed that there will not be an in-person NSC, I hold out hope that things will be close to normal next school year! I have decided to focus on the positive and be hopeful for all of our students!!!

4 Likes

Is anyone on this thread awaiting a decision on University Honors? My daughter is awaiting an answer, hopefully today…

My son is taking the Math Placement Exam tomorrow. If he doesn’t get the passing score (22 for engineering majors) how soon can he retake it? Their website mentioned retakes in July, but can he retake during the current window (3/18 - 5/25)? I know it’s been asked here before, but I’ve been searching for a few minutes and couldn’t find it.

@sapphire33 why is he taking it so soon?
My student (Mays) didn’t take it until after graduation. Did someone to take it now?

@EagleMomma there is a specific University Honors thread.
I’ve been watching Facebook, and no one has posted about getting notification. Last year, many commented they didn’t find out until end of April/early May…so chances are you may not find out today.

the engineers have to take a proctored test before nsc instead of taking mpe at nsc and have to make an appt. Rumor has it that the weekend appts are mostly taken

@Eggscapgoats ahh! Proctored, gotcha!
Good luck, I’m sure your son will do fine.

I know he got an email about it and he has to take it before his NSC (he’s in the first one in late May), but he’s been handling his own stuff. I just know it’s a big deal because it can set engineering majors back on their ETAM stuff if they’re not placed in the right math.

@sapphire33 My son took his MPE at the first opportunity about a week ago. The instructions said that you have to schedule your proctored online MPE4 prior to your NSC and if you do not get the 22 or above then you have the choice of either taking a course at tamu over the summer and retaking it at that time, or taking an in person MPE in July-August time frame, or enrolling in Pre-Calculus instead of Calculus your first semester. My son studied the online practice tests and said that the MPE4 was a bit harder then those ones. His highest grade on the practice tests was a 32 but he only got a 28 on the real thing.

Wow, that’s impressive! Did he get his score back right away or did he have to wait for results?