Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

To preface I’m Asian, just turned 16 years old, female. I applied early September.

Can you explain? Have a high school jr that looks like she could qualify with her 220. What application will she not need to complete? Her number 1 choice is a&m, but I’m hearing they don’t give as much aid compared to most others.
Thanks for your help

1 Like

Your scores are great. Your 2nd quarter ranking may be holding you back for further review. Be sure you know the different pathways so that IF you are offered the choice of Teab/Galveston/waitlist… you’ll know what they mean.

Keep us posted and hang in there. The rest of your application looks really strong and will stand out.

1 Like

Regular admission application is all your daughter needs. Some students may choose to submit resume to “remind” admission office.

TAMU has NMSF and NMF data from NMSC and presidential award will automatically shows in Howdy portal Financial Aid tab in Spring.
https://aggie.tamu.edu/financial-aid/types-of-aid/scholarships/undergraduate-scholarships/national-scholars

2 Likes

Under the manage applications page, my child’s major has been changed from 1st choice (business) to 2nd choice (Econ). Under AIS and manage applications it still shows under review. I’m guessing this means Mays is full so…. My question is if they are admitted under 2nd choice of ECON is there a possibility of getting moved back to 1st choice is a spot opened later in Mays? If they accept the ECON spot is there really a chance in switching majors to business after freshman year? Thanks for all the advice and information on this thread.

2 Likes

So first… yay, you’ll get acceptance soon for Tamu under 2nd choice. Second… no it will not go back to mays. They offer more spots than they have to fill so they yield the desired amount of 1100 ish.

My son got Econ and successfully changed to Mays after 3 semesters, 3.8 and required courses completed. They only take around 100 change of majors per year (not semester). It is doable but have to be strategic in course selections to make sure you are set up for Mays but also able to progress in Econ should you not be successful. My son ended up with a minor in Econ.

Let me know if you want any advice on courses going into NSC. Luckily most freshman courses between mays and Econ will overlap!!!

Let us know when you get the official 3 tabs and the office congrats on acceptance.

Any other tells that you are about to get accepted other than tabs or if your choice of major changed under manage applications? So hoping to hear on acceptance before Christmas. If she doesn’t hear by Friday, is that it until January?

1 Like

They have a message on the AIS that the results will be announced by mid-december… which is couple of days…

If the status continues to be “Under Review”, should we assume its deferred? We submitted everything by Oct 16th and Oct17th was the last day for EA-Engg.

1 Like

If you were complete and in review by the early deadline, you will have a decision or deferral this week.

1 Like

@despo-dad this is on the Engineering page, so decision could be delayed-

1 Like

Is early action still applicable for A&S students? ( non-engineering)
Can they too expect by mid December if applied by mid October? We are OOS.

Only engineering has EA. So no, you will most likely hear between January and March.

@goodkid7 EA is only for Engineering.

My daughter got her 7 tabs this morning!! We are thrilled for her and relieved! Good look to those still waiting - I hope you all hear good news soon!

7 Likes

Wonderful! Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing her major and her stats?? Still waiting here. :pray:

Yes of course - my DD is non-auto and applied to the College or Arts & Sciences.

3.6 UW/4.3W, 14%, 1480 SAT, National Merit Commended, 13 APs, four-year musician and athlete, 100+ volunteer hours, private tutors music and job experience in math field.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting!

6 Likes

Wow! Amazing kid! Congrats again.

1 Like

@Musikalee congrats!! Pay the non-refundable $75 Housing deposit Right Now, if she wants to live on campus! It’s a two step process, don’t stop until you get confirmation.
What major in Arts & Sciences?

3 Likes

Statistics, which is supposedly a small class.

3 Likes

Congratulations! Right before winter break!

1 Like