Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@Eggscapgoats wow! I figured one of his Eng math classes counted. That’s crazy. But good for him.

1 Like

The first semester in general engineering was harder than the second semester taking mays prereqs lol

2 Likes

I love how Tamu opens up the change of major app after semester ends. And I agree, first come. My son did it on Jan 2 and approved Jan 3rd in the morning. He had a 3.8 tho, not a 4.0 but definitely concur it is doable if you know what you must take and that you complete 30 hours!

1 Like

finally another forensics major in the thread! I got accepted for psychology but changed to forensics recently

1 Like

Where can we find about the housing deposit? Sorry for my ignorance

@claire6919 has your student been accepted?

2 Likes

He just got 7 tabs today. Do we have to wait until AIS updated?

Congrats!! Housing link won’t open automatically when tabs appear, might take an hour or the next day. Tell your student to keep trying until it opens. He’ll need credit card handy, and it’s a two step process.

1 Like

Will it be under my finances?

No, I don’t think so. It’s been a couple years for us, and my Aggie did it all.
@TAMUMAMA can you help @claire6919 figure out where Housing portal/link is?

It’s under Student Life/Housing

3 Likes

Do those that know think there will be any other acceptances this week or will today be it until January? So discouraged.

1 Like

yes! OOS, wondering when they release decisions?

Thank you!

1 Like

@Trc5bgnd what are your students stats? Intended majors?

4.86 Weighted GPA
3.94 Unweighted GPA
1st choice: BIMS; 2nd Choice: Genetics
Top 14% of class - really competitive
Graduating Distinguished with STEM and Public Service endorsements
Lots of AP classes extra science classes for electives
Not the best SAT score
Over 174 volunteer hours
4-H and Texas Agri-Life Vet Science program
Lots of service, academic and other awards
Various clubs including Spanish Club, NHS,Student Council, and 4-H
Varsity Soccer and D1 Club Soccer
Work Experience: a job/ referees on Saturdays/ etc…
STARS Camp
etc.

1 Like

@Trc5bgnd did student submit SAT or test optional?
@FriscoDad or @ChristiR93 can give the best insight for admission.

1 Like

Long answer: I registered her for the SAT and just sent out when I paid for her registration. If I could take it back, I would. She retook and made a big jump and resubmitted, but it still wasn’t the great scores I am seeing on here. She was not able to retake before the December 15th deadline. I just wish I would have known not to send. I am holding myself responsible for jumping the gun and sending. Oldest child so this is new for me. I know they say if it isn’t great they won’t use it, and I truly hope that is the case. She is so well-rounded and very bright. She is an excellent student and super structured. She will be successful in college, I have no doubt. I hope they look at more than just a test score and truly weigh everything.

2 Likes

My D23 just got a teaser email from Tamu telling her tamu is still reviewing her application and they will be closed 12/26-1/2 - they will not release any admission decisions during this time. Relax enjoy the holidays and remember most students in review will receive an admissions decision between January 2 and late March.

She applied August 3rd
College of Arts and Sciences
Top 25% per SRAR
Highly competitive HS

Agonizing!!

3 Likes

Same here…

applied for Aero; first quarter,…

Just relax and move on I guess!

1 Like