Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son just got that email too. WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? LOL

My son got that email too - does that mean they are done with acceptances until after Jan 2nd.

4 Likes

Today is last day for final exam in College Station, TAMU students go home this week. Admission office still working next week but mostly on rushing Spring transfer. There will still be some admission for Fall 2023 going out but majority will be hearing starting second week of January through March.

5 Likes

7 tabs for one of our twins today! Trying to pay the housing deposit, but won’t let us log in. Any advice? I think I read that sometimes there is a delay. If there are specific instructions, is there another blog? Eek!

Will post stats shortly!

3 Likes

College of Arts and Science (BIMS) and Agri & Life Science (GENE) releases have been slow this cycle due to new organization.

If offered “Team”, or “Team/Waitlist”, or “Waitlist” in January, be sure you pick “Team” only if TAMU is your student’s goal. Team migrate to TAMU via change of major is very doable for BIMS and GENE.

4 Likes

Housing will sync in a day or two.

1 Like

We got 7 tabs mid November on a Wednesday. The housing portal was open for us early Friday morning.

4 Likes

My child received the 7 tabs this morning. Major was changed from 1st choice business to 2nd choice Economics. Stats are: Applied Aug 9th, SAT 1410, WGPA 4.3, UW 3.6, 5 AP classes and top 25% (school is highly competitive and does not rank after top 10% - only quartile after top 10%), 4 year athlete, volunteer hours, etc. Very happy for the admittance but he really wants business so we will see where he chooses. Older brother is an Aggie class of 24 and Mays Finance student. He had almost identical stats when he applied fall of 2020 along with several of his friends and they all got admissions.
Must definitely be a strong applicant pool. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!

5 Likes

I am a international student, i applied for CS on 7-oct.
Stats:
GPA: 4.0/4.0 UW
SAT: 1300
EC: bunch of them with high rigor.

I have not received any update neither on AIS nor via Howdy Portal.
It says on AIS that my application is complete and under review, and they say that decisions should be out by mid December.
Any idea when should i expect my decision?

1 Like

There will be a response guaranteed before mid December, it could be decision or deferment (to January).

2 Likes

by mid december it means within 5 days?

Yes, some students already received some form of communication (email, banner in AIS about deferment).

Thank you @FriscoDad and @CarlaM94. We will keep checking.

Stats:
3.78 UW
4.27 W
28 ACT
Top 15%
Lots of AP’s, Dual Credits
Softball, NHS, Nanny, worked for Astros Triple-A in special events.

Twin sister received the email about future decision/enjoy the holidays, etc. Hoping and praying for good news sometime Jan-March!

3 Likes

Great. Thanks so much. A&M is most definitely the goal.

If it makes you feel better, I have not seen anyone get in that did not submit scores so I’m not sure if it matters either way. I have a good friend whose child has AMAZING stats and extracurriculars, class president, etc. But her daughter got a 25 on the ACT which she did not submit. I really doubt they’ll admit her without a test score. There are just so many with high test scores that they don’t really have to consider the ones without. That is just my opinion, but I could definitely be wrong. Just trying to help you not beat yourself up!

2 Likes

Howdy portal changed to 7 tabs yesterday. Will there be an email notification or any other indication of acceptance? And when will this go out? AIS still says it is under review.

D STATS
ACT 30
GPA 4.5 W/3.8UW
Varsity Athlete/State Recognition
School Leader/Class President
Lead Thespian

Portal no longer reflects 1st choice of Mays, but 2nd choice of Economics

@kaydeeloo , my son (and I think a couple other posts I saw earlier on here) did get in without scores, but who knows the rhyme or reason behind their decisions.

3 Likes

Ohhh that’s so good! My friend has been worried that her daughter did the wrong thing by not submitting. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

AIS should update today or tomorrow. There will be a letter in your AIS documents section. You’ll also receive a banner in the mail. Could take a while for that.

Congrats. And yep, Mays is full.

4 Likes

we also got the “hang tight and chill” over the holidays email. It’s nice of them to let you know.

2 Likes