Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

I’m not oos, but i’d expect it to be in january or february

@secondcup would you be willing to share your childs class rank? Thanks

school does not rank, but in top quartile

2 Likes

Seeing several people saying Mays is full. Does that mean if we are waiting to hear and have selected Mays as first that we will not be getting favorable news? Or could spots open up?

1 Like

Spots won’t open up once full. TAMU admit around 2000 applicants for Mays and based on yield about 1125 will enroll.
If you see your major changed to second, then AO is likely reviewing and approving the second one.

1 Like

That sucks. But thanks for the info.

Concur with Frisco on all counts. You’ll want to see the 2nd choice major become first choice! That is definitely an indicator that tabs will follow shortly.

Last year at this time, it seemed like the wave produced some Mays decisions and some 2nd choice. So apparently this year, Mays was full in November.

2 Likes

So how do we login housing portal? It said visit Howdy portal and click “activate your account”. We just can’t find where is the click??

Please help!

1 Like

The wait is agonizing!
My son applied Aug 3 for engineering.
Top quarter, 4.0, NHS, works 25hrs/wk for past 2yrs, active cross country/track all 4yrs, volunteers at church, test scores weren’t great…but if holistic review they claim to look at the whole student not just the test.

We’ve heard nothing, still 3 tabs and no email. A few weeks ago in Howdy, it said engineers would hear something by mid-December ??? I see some have yesterday but wondering if they’ll do some tomorrow or Monday?
He’s already been accepted to Tech and beginning to lose hope for A&M.

1 Like

EA guarantees a communication, some may receive deferment email. In general AIS should be showing a red deferment banner for engineering on top right after logon.

During winter break, reseach the TEAB pathway which is also considered full admission with lower tuition.

Good Luck!

2 Likes

You can go from Howdy, Student Life, Housing, etc until you see apply for housing or housing portal.

OR (and this is more direct), after your AIS switches, there is a link right by the “You’re admitted” message that takes you to housing. You log in with the same NetID info and password.

Once it’s available, there should be a menu item that says “Housing Application” up at the top once you are logged in to the housing portal.

My D’s AIS switched today, but the app is not yet available.

2 Likes

We try to login housing portal with his NetID but it said we can’t find this account. Is it because the portal is not ready?

Thank you so much!

So yesterday when I did this I kept getting an error. I’m assuming you’re seeing the same error.

This morning, I was able to log in, but couldn’t find the housing app. I asked some folks and there should be a link up at top for the housing app once it’s available. (This was someone’s screenshot to show me). Right now, the portal doesn’t show this link yet.

1 Like

Thank you! I think his portal is not ready yet.

Thanks

He only checked Howdy portal today, I’ll have him check AIS.

1 Like

does this mean that there will be no more decisions in december and rest of decisions will be coming in jan?

More than likely… I would say this was it for 2022. Mid to late January will be the next round.

1 Like

Still i have not received any communication regarding deferment. And the admission office said that decisions will come till 26 dec.

1 Like

also,
I am a international student, i applied for CS on 7-oct.
Stats:
GPA: 4.0/4.0 UW
SAT: 1300 (730 math, 570 eng)
EC: bunch of them with high rigor.

what do you think of my application?

Your SAT score may hurt your chance. I knew several people who got in without submitting scores.