Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Yes it is a for sure thing. Congrats.

2 Likes

His first choice was Mays-marketing. Was switched to his second choice of Sports Management (under Education-Health and Kinesiology.)

3 Likes

@luvmaroon Sports Management is a very popular major! Congrats!
Follow this page on Instagram, and be sure your son joins when he gets to TAMU!

If you click on My Dashboard in Howdy and then click overview, it will show admitted and to which major. I had to show that to my husband before he believed me so I get it!

2 Likes

Daughter was accepted (hooray!) to her second-choice major. (First was Mays.). She immediately regretted her second choice, and is switching it to International Studies, which she now feels sure about.

Any feedback on how long the switch requests take to be processed? For a major that fills up, do you go into the queue ahead of folks who haven’t been admitted but have it as their first choice? And, any ideas of how quickly International Studies fills up?

3 Likes

If still open then should be a few days. But expect to get decisions in January.

This may be a dumb question———-For those students who were applying for Engineering and got deferred decisions to January, if they wanted to still hold out to see if they get in for engineering, could they change their second choice now or should they leave everything as is?

1 Like

If both first and second choice also engineering, yes that’s ok to change second major.

Thank you! 1st was engineering, 2nd was business (which we know is full) . Will changing affect her application?

1 Like

Normally in the second review (mainly in Jan-March), if TAMU wants to admit a student, TAMU will assign a major.

For future student’s perspective, it may not be a good idea to have two unrelated majors as first and second choice as it will be hard to tie them with the essay.

At this moment, your student may change second major to one in College of Arts and Science or one in AGLS, a science major that has closer tie to your engineering oriented essay. You can change on line or ask a question in AIS. Admission office is still working right now.

7 tabs Saturday morning waiting for AIS to switch from application in review to admitted :face_with_spiral_eyes:

8 Likes

Same for my son!

6 Likes

@TamuDad15 and @OOState1 Congrats!
What majors? Great news before Christmas!

Thank you!

College of Arts and Sciences
Meteorology

1 Like

I called admissions this morning because AIS hasn’t switched to admitted from Under review- the gal I talk to thinks that the AIS system has been turned off. It will not turn back on until after the first of the year. I hope that’s not the case but I thought I would pass this along. If anybody is under the same situation, we are as my student has her seven tabs in Howdy.

2 Likes

Very frustrating for all of the seniors that received 7 tabs last Saturday! Hoping for a Christmas miracle

Main function now in AIS is just registering NSC, and you don’t need to register for NSC until May 1st or end of April.

If you can access Housing portal via Howdy go ahead start your housing process. TAMU will print an official letter of admission and snail mail to you.

I know it’s frustrating not to have it show fully admitted and you need to do housing, but if you want a little further assurance of admission… From Howdy, click My Dashboard, then My Record, then Registration Readiness and you might find a screen that shows Admitted with the date that your Aggie got 7 tabs. (Scroll to the very bottom, I think it was under registration holds)

3 Likes