Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Well said! Used to be 6 tabs, the new tab “My Dashboard” is what future students going to extensively use in the next 4 or so years for class schedules. So in essense, having “Dashboard” already means acceptance.

4 Likes

AIS updated - it’s official
:tumbler_glass::cowboy_hat_face::+1:

Housing will open Friday per Res Life - able to log in but not make deposit

9 Likes

Don’t wait until Friday. Keep trying because it might open!

2 Likes

If our application only has Mays listed as a first choice and no second choice, and Mays is full - Why have they not sent a rejection yet? Is there still any hope?

1 Like

TAMU won’t send rejection until March/April. Or after PSA released. Also, applicants may be offered Blinn.

2 Likes

Is it Mar/Apr that they would offer Blinn or could that be anytime?

Blinn usually in January-Feb timeframe. In the past they offered 3 button options. “Blinn Only”, “Blinn/Waitlist”, “Waitlist”.
If you want immediate admission, you need to pick “Blinn only”. Then within a week or so you will be accepted with AIS updated. Blinn is a good option as student half-enroll TAMU and half on Blinn.
Picking anything with waitlist in it means you have other options, and those applicants will have to wait till April and most of the time, they get PSA.

2 Likes

@texasstudent22 what are the student stats?

Son was admitted earlier today to Construction Science. :raised_hands:

10 Likes

So, when you get admitted, the AIS shows 7 tabs. How do you know if you are offered Blinn Team of any of the other options? What will the portal look like? Thank you!

Your major would be BLINN TEAM. I believe today is full acceptance.

1 Like

OMG—woke up to 7 tabs!! After a lot of anxiety and getting nervous, woke up to 7 tabs!! So relieved and happy for my DS23. We had met with met with an admissions counselor earlier in the summer who was not very encouraging and had my daughter in tears, her application got her in!! She is TO from a non-ranking school and assigned top 25% assigned by A&M with English and Anthropology major.

11 Likes

@weikel12895 congrats! So what major did she get, English or Anthropology?

2 Likes

Howdy will show 7 tabs, not AIS.

1 Like

@Larisa_Ann the Howdy portal shows the 7 tabs, not AIS.
It is too soon for Blinn TEAM offers.

2 Likes

Housing portal opened for us this morning - Phase one completed

Howdy 7 tabs on Saturday morning
AIS updated Tuesday afternoon
Housing opened Wednesday morning

8 Likes

Does accepting now vs later (Feb or March) offer any advantages? We already placed the housing deposit. We would like to see the financials for the schools my D has been accepted to, although A&M is her top choice.

Choice of NSC dates is probably the only difference of now vs later (which also affects registering for classes and which courses are available at your particular NSC date)

3 Likes

I figured it was bit I’m trying to know what to look for if they get offers other than full admittance when the time comes? Where and what would it say?

Can’t say for sure, but under Major Admitted, it would list Blinn TEAM. I do think some will get an offer, that asks if they would consider TEAM, Wait List or both. Always select TEAM, not both.

1 Like