Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Crazy for sure. Maybe they ran out of smaller envelopes…only thing I can think of??

Just to let you know, thats how it is normally. We got the same big envelope on Oct 18 (acknowledgement of applying to BH).

1 Like

Watch for the Big Maroon envelope :star_struck:

The other schools my D23 applied too have all sent gifts in the last week or so - some were nice.

1 Like

I’ve read several times that Jan-Mar decisions are many Blinn Team offers. Question: Does A&M’s enrollment statistics from previous years contain Blinn Team within them. For example, if 11,000 students enrolled last year, is that straight admission or does that include Blinn Team? I know it is a good option and route towards a future full admittance for many students/parents, but not sure I want my son to wait this out to go to a big JC.

Hi, I am sorry I could go back and try to read prior posts, but don’t have time! My son finally was approved for holistic review after applying Aug 1 for Mays. He received admittance to his 2nd choice of Econ. He needs a little time to evaluate another opportunity at another school to actually study business, but A&M is his 1st choice.

1. If he wants to make a hold for housing, he basically has to accept right to move forward with housing? Can you unaccept if change mind?

2. Does anyone know how many kids successfully transfer to Mays after attending another major? I’m hearing they take only 100 transfers into Mays every year?

Thank you for any input!

Congratulations! I can answer #1. Formal acceptance is scheduling the NSC, which he doesn’t have to do now. For housing, he has to pay the $75 non-ref fee. That is not a formal acceptance, but it does hold his place in line for housing.

1 Like

Congrats. That happened to my son as well. Admires in dec for Econ not Mays. Was a happy yet unnerving decision. That was back in 2017 and he just graduated in May from Mays with a degree in Mgmt pre law. So yes, it can be done. He changed major after 3 semesters, most do it after 2-3 semesters (there are requirements to meet before you can apply). Message me if you want to talk about the process. I’ve now helped a dozen plus students do this same thing since then. Happy to help.

1 Like

Yes 11000 include both Blinn Team and TEAB.
In the past, January actually had majority of full admission. January had some Blinn and TEAB offer but mostly in Feb. Late March/early April waitlist and most PSA.

4 Likes

@Txgx Blinn TEAM is considered full admission-students can live on campus, get a sports pass and pledge greek organizations. One can’t apply for Blinn TEAM, it can only be offered. Students take half their classes at A&M, other half at RELLIS campus, thru Blinn. Tuition is slightly cheaper.

Blinn College is a local juco, that has a campus in Bryan. Completely separate from A&M. It’s like Lone Star, HCC, Tyler Jr College, etc-straight juco/community college. It is much pricier than most juco’s around the state, unless permanent residence is in Washington Co.

Be sure to study the various pathways into A&M (again, must be offered, no one can apply for them)-Blinn TEAM, Gateway and PSA (if Engineering, there are other pathways).

1 Like

Thank you! I will message you for sure!

2 Likes

I got accepted forensics as my first choice. tamu has a really good forensics program!

5 Likes

Blinn Team was an awesome move for my non ranked high performing daughter in 2019. Coming out of a small private high school (100 students per grade) she discovered most of her Blinn Team classmates were from other non ranking private schools in the state. She enjoyed the smaller class sizes at Rellis, walked into the Nurse Practitioner there whenever she was sick (no 5 day waits at the QuackShack at TAMU) and transferred into her major and is graduating with a 4.0 in May. Will go to law school. No one cares where you take beginning Biology or English. Many of her friends who struggled in those huge freshman classes at TAMU were super jealous. Blinn Team is a great choice. Good Luck.

3 Likes

This is odd. Were your kids given awards alongside their acceptance letters/notification? My son was accepted on Dec 15th. We aren’t seeing any of the color coded tabs you show. Wondering if this will come later?

@MLP1 my Aggie is a Senior. The color tabs I posted are found under FinAid portal in Howdy (student Howdy and parent Howdy). I’m guessing the tabs will come later, when grants, financial aid, cost of attendance, etc are offered.
To my knowledge, A&M doesn’t offer any scholarships with acceptance (I could be wrong, but I’ve never heard of that).
A&M is known for not offering many scholarships, unless for NMSF/F, National Scholars and/or need based, from targeted Century schools. They just don’t have to.
Scholarships are primarily offered in the spring-they will show up on FindAid tab (student will get an e-mail notification, but many times that comes after the award is posted). It is up to the student to periodically check FinAid, and ‘accept’ if they’re offered a scholarship.
If not NMSF/F, maybe auto admit with very high stats, or from the targeted Century Scholar schools, I wouldn’t hold out for any scholarships, certainly not big ones. Departmental scholarships could come during sophomore, junior & senior years. Returning students must fill out university scholarship application every year (Oct 15-Feb 1), in order to be eligible. I strongly encourage everyone to fill out FAFSA, too, as many scholarships require to be on file.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

My Two Boys both got accepted today.
– Both for General Engineering (CS was first major).
– OOS (CA public School)

8 Likes

@SKCC22 congrats! They must have near identical stats? Is A&M their top choice?

1 Like

Congratulations!!! Did they submit application before October 15th?

2 Likes

@52AG82 yes they are twins and their stats are twin-ish. They both are NM Semi-Finalists, so depending on what they get for scholarships. It all depends on UC’s, as that is their top choice.

1 Like

@lhaveadream2016, They applied on Dec1

1 Like