Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

how did they got admission during winter break? did you check the ais or howdy portal?

Both @devratpatel. It so happens one of them found out on AIS and the other did on Howdy. We cross verified and both reflect the status for both of them. We don’t know when they got in but boys checked yesterday and saw it say “Admitted”

6 Likes

Great. Congratulations!

2 Likes

@SKCC22 that’s so exciting for your twins! I hope they get into UC’s! Always great to have options & choices!

@52AG82, Thank you very much!

1 Like

Thank you, @devratpatel

1 Like

Whoop times 2. Congrats. Probably heard before Christmas, but what a late gift!!!

2 Likes

My son is still waiting … still hopeful. My question: will he be penalized for submitting a 26 ACT. A couple of his friends have already gained acceptance. Both have lower GPAs, both second quarter (so is my son) and they went test optional. Seems so unfair if that gets more weight then submitting a 26.

1 Like

I’m surprised any 2nd quarters have heard. Typically not the case, especially if test optional. A 26 is average (way better than I could do). He shouldn’t be penalized. They’ll run his application stats with and without the score. If it hurts him, they’ll remove it.

What major did his friends choose that were Q2?

3 Likes

Well i am in the first quarter, with 4.0 GPA and a 1300 SAT but haven’t heard anything, this is bonkers.

@devratpatel you applied for Engineering tho, the other applicant is a different major.

1 Like

I’m also surprised 2nd quarters have heard. We have a 2nd quarter friend… SAT in the mid 1400s, quite competitive HS, great stats… that has not heard.

2 Likes

We have three 2nd quarter that have been accepted:

Kinesiology - 3.95, 28 ACT
Communications - 3.8, test optional
Ag Communications - 3.8, ACT 30

that gives me hope for our friend!

That’s crazy. Never heard of 2nd qtr with those stats being accepted this early. That’s great tho. Holistic approach is working!

Unusual that they have accepted 2nd quarter students (top 26-50% ranking) before they have looked at many first quarter ranked students who are outside of the 10%. Seems to be lots of top 11-24% students still waiting to hear. The Common Data set for TAMU lists 91-92% of accepted students were within the top 25%, so only 8-9% fell into second quarter (26-50%) or lower.

1 Like

Agree. My son is Top 11% in a 5A school. Varsity athlete X2, Choir, student council, class leadership, 100+ volunteer hours, mission trips, summer job, 1400 SAT, 4.0 GPA, thought his essay was strong :slight_smile: Stonger application that my earlier 2 Aggies from class of 2022 - ha! Still hasn’t heard.

1 Like

@JenniferAggie91 —I cannot get over the kids who are still waiting to hear. Those are great stats. I hope you get good news soon.

1 Like

My child is on the same boat. Very competitive school. Top 11%. ACT 35. More than 10 AP course with scores of 5 or 4. Strong EC. No news yet.

2 Likes

@JenniferAggie91 did your son apply for Engineering?