Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

I am also wondering if it still somehow has to do with major. My daughter applied to a major with a small class (26 freshman for 2021), but around the same time she was admitted, I heard about two others who were admitted to the same major.

1 Like

What major?

1 Like

My D23 was admitted to College of A&S, statistics major.

3 Likes

That score and rank will get admisssion even honors. Just double check nothing else is missing in AIS. If applying after EA date, it is normal getting result starting second week in January. First week January AO is rushing Spring transfers and opening Fall transfers.

2 Likes

@Ihaveadream2016 —i just can’t believe this student hasn’t or won’t be admitted

1 Like

Thank you so much for the encouragement and also for the very helpful information! Keep fingers crossed for the good news.

Thank you! I will share the news once I receive.

Yes, he was unsure if he wanted engineering or not (Dad is ME from A&M) but he knew how difficult it was to change into engineering so he went ahead and applied EA to Engineering. Now he has decided he really doesn’t want engineering. He is going to call tomorrow and talk to admissions about changing. He thinks he will change his application if possible to Allied Health or something similar for premed like his brother.

1 Like

Hi guys really confused about the whole admission process, wanted to see about my sons chances at admission and if not chances of blinn team or other programs, any help would do a great deal thanks.
Gpa: unweighted 3.65 weighted:4.66
Top 14% of class at pretty competitive hs
Sat: 1260
Applying to liberal arts school as history major
Has varisty sports and lots of volunteer work as extracurricular.

@Cd2199 if he submitted the 1260, that won’t help his admission decision. When did he apply? Were both major choices in Liberal Arts?
He’ll probably be waiting on a decision until mid-late February, possibly into early March-based on TAMU Holistic review timeline, per the website.
Blinn TEAM and PSA are offered only, can’t apply for them.

With two Aggies you may be the expert here. At this stage, calling and asking if it is proper to change because second review already started.
ETAM year is pretty much natural science, so getting in first may be better. Beside BMEN and all engineering majors have E2M path to premed. You will be surprised quite a lot of MD, OD and vets from TAMU have engineering degrees at TAMU.
For TAMU, BIMS is the tranditional path towards pre-med.
For premed, Physiology is the super tough class (many eventual MD/OD got B or C) in both BMEN and BIMS and single class is taught by team of MD professors (no cherry picking easier professors), so it doesn’t really matter which major to go through.

2 Likes

He applied around November 15th but I think he was uploading recommendations until December 15th, we had heard blinn team was offered by A&M but we were just confused how hard A&M was to get into and if blinn team would be a for sure thing that he could count on as there’s not much info on it . I think his second choice is business but we didn’t put much thought into it as liberal arts history is one of the least competitive majors to get into.

@Cd2199 oh wow, that’s terribly late to to be applying and submitting all documents. Blinn TEAM is NOT a ‘sure thing’, definitely can’t count on it being offered. Did he take official campus tour, meet with a regional A&M rep, attended Aggieland Saturday, prior to applying? A&M likes to see interest shown, especially if applying holistically.
Has his high school counselor helped him with the college application process?

Has anyone in holistic review gotten a response from A&M yet?

1 Like

He hasn’t shown an overwhelming amount of interest but has showed some, we signed him up for a couple newsletters and he has been to the campus and been around it a couple times on non official tours and we made that clear on his application. His high school councilors haven’t helped him much as his school is huge and understaffed.

1 Like

Yes, we applied early before Oct 15, and got an answer before Christmas. Non-engg.

Yes. Biology major and heard back before Christmas!

1 Like

Yes. Applied Aug 1 for Architecture and was accepted Dec 15. Holistic

1 Like

Yes, applied approx Sept 20. Accepted Dec 1 (BUAD). Holistic

Have there been many holistic Engineering acceptances yet? If so, would you mind posting stats? We are still waiting. Thank you!

1 Like