Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Yes my daughter was accepted 12/1 to Mays (holistic)

Do you mind sharing the application statistics?

What are the odds I get admitted? (Holistically)
Applying to Communications, BS
Applied September 9th
GPA- UW: 3.66 W: 4.58
1st quarter (rather competitive high school)
SAT: 1270
100+ hours volunteer work
4 years basketball
Student Council
NHS
sibling and parent have attended/attending A&M (although they claim they don’t consider legacy anymore)

@gdub1 there definitely isn’t legacy consideration.
The 1270 SAT won’t help application. According to holistic timeline, decisions can come out now until early March.

1 Like

I figured. I believe there shouldn’t be legacy consideration because if you aren’t a qualified student, then you shouldn’t get in based off of your family’s accomplishments.

Would submitting my SAT score HURT my chances? Or would they view it neutrally and not take it into account.

@gdub1 there are various thoughts about submitting scores. For sure it would help, with scores of 1440/33+. I’m not sure if anyone can say for certain if lower scores hurt, or not? :woman_shrugging:t2:

Have any holistic heard from agricultural and life sciences?

1 Like

@GigEm5 someone from our high school did, accepted Dec 17 to Ag/Animal Science. Definitely holistic. I don’t know scores or stats.

In general, lower scores won’t affect in their offical response unless very low (< 1200/< 24).

Rank is the most important factor. TAMU has GDR of all high schools in Texas, public or private no matter how one claims the school ranking students or not. For holistic applicants assigned in 1st quartile, the second review will favor those closer to top 10% in the first quartile. Since score is not something can be changed the next important factor will be essay.

One other rare factor will be very prestigious high schools. TAMU did mention some in parents Q&A sessions in a 2020 NSC that they take 2nd or 3rd quartile students from a few HS such as TAMS, St Mark, TAG, SEM and LASA…but normally those students also have high scores.

5 Likes

Holistic Engineering (OOS)
3.95/4.45
13 APs
35 ACT
HS doesn’t rank, they put her automatically top quartile

She was invited to Discover Aggieland in September, right before her acceptance came in October. I think she applied mid-August.

Hope this helps, hope you get good news soon!

4 Likes

what is GDR?

2 Likes

Yes, heard 12/14. Ag Econ major. But supposedly most hear January-March.

1 Like

GDR is grade distribution report.

2 Likes

Thank you, divarose!

4 Likes

Pretty quiet over here. Hoping my daughter hears something this week. Everyone hanging in there? Anyone hear anything since the break?

My 2020 HS grad was not top 10. His application to the College of Engineering was deferred to the Jan-Mar group. He received his acceptance on Jan. 28. The first indication of acceptance is, in Howdy, you see 3 tabs. When/if that changes to 6, you’re in. You can also log into the AIS system, click the “My Communications”. If accepted, you will see an acceptance letter there even before you’ve been notified. I too am checking this thread, Howdy and AIS daily as my 2023 HS grad is waiting to hear from the College of Engineering. Prayers and good luck to all. Whoop!

3 Likes

Thank you. That is very good information.

My daughter completed her application over 5 months ago. Her current TAMU junior brother was an auto admit, so he heard (6 weeks later) in September his senior year. She is a holistic admit within top 25% at a large suburban competitive high school. Seems like they are reviewing holistic admits at a much slower rate than they did two years ago. I’m beginning to think they aren’t planning to take many holistic admits and most of the spots are going to auto admit kid now. We are both already mentally moving on to her second choice school. The lack of hearing an answer in the past 5 months has left us both very disappointed and ready to move on. She is not interested in Blinn Team, if offered, since she will likely apply to nursing school after 2 years.

1 Like

I wouldn’t give up hope yet. It’s too early for that. My gut is telling me the top 10’ers were accepted in the first round. Holistic were most likely deferred and they’ll begin acceptances in batches soon. But, another route to consider is, apply directly to TAMUG. You’d have to look into this further, but with the engineering kids, they complete their first year at TAMUG and “transition” (not transfer) to Cstat. TAMUG is TAMU, just located at Galveston, same as McAllen. If accepted to either campus, they are “full TAMU admits”.

1 Like