Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Yes NSC is a symbolic commitment to TAMU, register a session when the weather is not so hot as they make families walk through the campus.

4 Likes

Anyone hear from Agriculture today? My kid is so stressed - everyone sitting around her in class got Blinn Team. All communications majors

1 Like

My son heard today and he’s Forensic Investigative Science which is in the Agriculture & Life Sciences school. (But I hadn’t really seen any movement in Ag before today. Just the other day I believe @FriscoDad posted that Ag was still open confirmed by the AO.). I know it doesn’t feel like it, and it seems hollow from me since we did hear this morning, but 2 years ago my daughter was waitlisted in January and we didn’t know to pick Blinn Team only so she waited until APRIL 9th to get PSA’d, so I 1000% understand how hard it is to wait, but every single week that entire time there was movement in all pathways…it truly is still very early. I will also echo what @FriscoDad & others have said…if you get Waitlist choose Blinn Team. We since learned that if our daughter had chosen Blinn Team only, she would have been admitted within 3-5 business days. Super bummer BUT she’s 100% where she belongs now & has ZERO regrets! (But she does plan on attending grad school at TAMU!)

4 Likes

Thanks! Seeing “admitted” on the dashboard and seeing that his NSC registration is open certainly feels officially official, but it definitely lacks the fanfare of seeing it in AIS! We for sure look forward to seeing that get updated!!! Thanks again!

4 Likes

Your student will still get the snail mail big envelope with the banner. I think they mass mail it once a week. Congratulations!

5 Likes

She submitted a 1300 I know not the best SAT. She did the entire application process herself. In hindsight I wish I had seen this forum to know a little more. She chose ID as her # 1 but wasn’t stuck on it. Probably shouldn’t have done that. She shadowed an ID friend of ours during the summer.

I replied to wrong thread by accident. Sorry about that.

ID as in Industrial Distribution?

3 Likes

Yes. Industrial distribution. She contacted the admission office this morning and asked them if she should switch choices since she heard it’s full. They said it doesn’t matter. You have to be accepted first to A&M. I don’t think she minds Blinn team. She knows it’s cheaper etc.

2 Likes

Still waiting…Business/Economics. NYTimes Crossword puzzles are keeping my doubting mind busy…

1 Like

Indsutrial Distribution is under General Engineering, so its Blinn version is TEAB. It is one year ETAM instead of two year like Blinn Team. Good thing is there hasn’t been any TEAB out yet. Remind your student to check email about Corps. Read through those email to make sure there is nothing pending to answer. Click through the alternative pathway email so TAMU knows the student understand those. Good Luck!

6 Likes

Thank you for all the information and congrats to your kid! I did talk to AO and she told me the colleges send them to admissions and the. They roll them out. That’s why they usually come in blocks of colleges. She did look up my kids application and told me they should hear in the next few weeks. Wonder what that means?! We did check Blinn Team and we would be thrilled to get it.

1 Like

Congrats! What major?

1 Like

DD still waiting, 1400 SAT one attempt, 3.85 UW GPA, top quarter at 12%. 14 APs. Her friends all got in. Applied in August. She did everything herself and got accepted from all colleges except TAMU. She took CHEM at HCC not sure if it looks bad for admission. At this point she will be thrilled if she even gets Blinn. @FriscoDad any chance?

Hi- What do you mean “everyone sitting around her in class got Blinn Team”? Is that everyone at her high school? Did those kids find out today they got Blinn Team? What kind of high school / where? Thanks and don’t give up hope! It is still very early. My oldest found out she got a full admission in 2020 in late January to BIMS.

How do you register for NSC if it’s not posted in AIS yet?

With that stat, still taking CHEM at HCC? Your student should have acceptance already with the stat alone.

My wild guess is that a lot of those 14 APs are social science and languages. At this point, try to work with your student to go through the SRAR again and see if something is missing. You will be surprised with 14APs some students still missing half of science or a math credit for “Distinguished” level of HS certificate, which TAMU general engineering preferred. Note that AP Computer Science and AP CS Principle are NOT math or science credits many applicants not realising. Missing credit is the most common issue for early applicants especially back in August the 12th grade classes were not finalized.

Next is check every single email from TAMU with your student. Emails expecting answers may be holding your decision. That includes questions from Corps if your student express interest in Corps. Note that not all admission questions come via AIS. AIS is more of a channel for student to ask questions. AO is so overwhelmed they won’t be handholding every student with missing information.

Good Luck!

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Will definitely check with her after school today.

Colleges never see the application. It’s all done by admissions. So not sure why they told you that. Only transfer decisions are done by the college.

2 Likes

He attends a large competitive high school in a large city. 4-5 kids in one of his classes all got Blinn Team today during class. There was a big wave of Blinn Team admits at their high school today in general It looks like everyone who heard at their school today was in a major that is full

That’s what I thought! Maybe I need to call again and see if I get a different AO and a different answer