Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son is currently a second semester junior with a major in Statistics and two minors in Mathematics and Computer Science.
For the CSCE minor, he had to take the first three classes and make good grades (he has all As) to apply for a CSCE minor. He applied after class 3 and was accepted into the school of engineering for a minor in Computer Science. For CSCE class 4 and 5, he cannot register for them directly. Only CS majors can, so he had to make a force request, which went through in January to put him in the 4th CSCE class now out of the 5 he needs for the minor. For his Mathematics minor, he just had to declare it and have his advisor note it on his transcript, which she has. He has 1 class left to complete that minor. CS is a hard minor, but definitely shows his range with his degree. He plans to continue for his masters to focus on data science/analytics, so his major and minors are all a part of that.

6 Likes

Thank you so much. This is very helpful, as most people simply say, “just declare it” but I knew it was likely more complicated than that with CS. Much appreciated for all the specifics/detail.

1 Like

I am sure this has been asked plenty, but how long does it take to update AIS from the time you receive 7 tabs?

For us it was the next day. Wed - 7 tabs; Thurs - AIS admitted; Fri - housing app opened. Congrats!

2 Likes

DD got 7 menus or tabs in her Howdy this morning! gen. engineering! I should have asked earlier.

8 Likes

Congratulations! Your student is way ahead with differential equations and advanced Chemistry. Make sure she doesn’t claim any AP credit in first year or she will have only tough classes to take in ETAM year. She also needs to apply Housing as soon as it opens.

1 Like

If we received 7 tabs yesterday but nothing updated today is that cause for worry.
Major was updated to Blinn Team
Program was updated to BAC-TEAM

Asking as this is his first choice (wants to be in Corps) but we are feeling pressure from other schools in regards to scholarships acceptance …

I’ve “heard” (for however reliable that is) that it’s usually the next afternoon or even the 2nd day after getting the 7 tabs. @ChristiR93 @FriscoDad is that accurate (ish)? FWIW, my son got his 7 tabs yesterday but AIS has not updated for him today yet either. (And I haven’t seen anyone in here who said they got 7 tabs yesterday report that their AIS has updated either…although that’s obviously only as reliable as people coming here to post/update…and be truthful! Ha!)

2 Likes

7 tabs include student functions especially “Dashboard” that will be used extensively for the next 4 years so it is not a fluke. Since they change process this year give AO some time to update the rest in AIS.

3 Likes

Any idea what order they use to go through this ‘second review’ of applications?
Alphabetical?
By major?
By application date?
By application ‘score’ given during first review?

Are the 7 tabs (Home, Applicant, My Dashboard, My Record, My Finances, Student Life, My Howdy)? Major got updated to Blinn TEAM yesterday and this what it says at top of Howdy. AIS still says under review.

6 Likes

Those are the tabs.

7 Tabs shown for those accepted:

Default shows 3 tabs:

1 Like

Yes, it will take some time for AIS to show, likely require accepting the offer.

1 Like

Ok that’s what hers looks like! Thanks for the confirmation.

Have I been understanding correctly that it is normally just a day or two after the 7 tabs appear that the AIS gets updated to show acceptance? Or might it still be a few weeks?

Could it still be weeks or is it generally a day or two after this point?

This process flow is new highly like in days not weeks. It will be either direct registration of NSC, or create buttons for applicants to click on. In the past, one must click “Blinn only” to get immediate admission in AIS. Choosing waitlist will really need to wait out till end of RD in late March.

1 Like

Did anyone get in today? Yesterday seemed to a big day but I have yet to see one from today.

Have many people heard holistically from Architecture? My friend’s son is still waiting and I told her I’d ask on here. TIA!

My son got in last week in college of architecture. I think someone else on this board also had a student get in- construction science (architecture). But those are the only two I know of. it’s not a big college.

6 Likes

Thank you! I hadn’t really heard much at all so I thought I was missing something. Congratulations to your son!