Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

My best friend’s daughter is awaiting word also from College of Arch. My son is still awaiting word from College of Engg. Congrats to those that have 7 tabs, and for those that still have 3, prayers.

4 Likes

Praying you/your son hear something soon!

1 Like

My daughter and a classmate of hers both received acceptances from the College of Architecture (Construction Science) in mid-December. Holistic reviews. Both applied August 1. I haven’t heard that it is full yet - so there is still hope. Sending positive thoughts your way!!

2 Likes

AIS just updated for my son. Literally 10 minutes ago it had not, & now it has!!! WHOOP!!!

12 Likes

Congratulations to your daughter! Thanks! I will pass the positive thoughts to my friend.

Our school has had 2 holistic acceptance (Construction Science) in December

2 Likes

I wanted to follow up on my question about what “general university” meant. The acceptance letter basically said that she was accepted but her major (business) was full so she needed to pick a new major. I thought it may be helpful to note that she is OOS and applied in August.

My daughter was only interested in business so she won’t be going to Texas A&M, but she’s been accepted to other higher ranked business schools so she’s ok.

6 Likes

Thanks! I’ll let my friend know that there have been holistic acceptances.

1 Like

i was in december

2 Likes

Thanks! From the responses, looks like many were accepted in December. Congratulations!!

1 Like

Do you get a separate email or letter somewhere that gives you info on how to login to housing? How do you know when it opens if you dont have a TAMU email yet? Does the on campus housing link turn blue in Howdy? This is the clunkiest process we have encountered so far. Seems like they could find a more efficient way to process and distribute information.

there will be a “next steps” button at the top of AIS.

1 Like

1 Like

The tamu email is YourNetID@tamu.edu (whatever your NET ID is).

You not get an email or anything about applying for housing. Just keep checking yourself in Howdy, under the Housing Tab. There will be an Apply For Housing button. It’s really quite easy once you get access.

The TAMU housing website has lots of videos explaining the steps on how to apply and the different housing phases

2 Likes

Any communications (BA in telecommunications and media studies) holistic applicants accepted yet? I tried to search the thread, but are admissions being announced by degree area? Patiently waiting and praying.

#2032 was communications. Decisions are not released by departments or majors. In small or large group every weekday mostly batched to update in the morning.

1 Like

Update! Son received 7tabs Wednesday for Blinn team and today all systems show admitted ! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, what is his GPA, class rank and SAT/ACT? My son applied for Biology too but hasn’t heard anything.

1 Like

Congratulations! If planning to live on campus, apply Housing asap.

2 Likes

He was second quarter as assigned by AIS (private school No rankings), test optional, 3.88 GPA

Boys state, VFW essay state finalist, and many other extra curricular. A good deal of mission work.

He did select the Blinn Team option on his application back in August. I don’t know if that helped

2 Likes