Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Howdy all! Congrats to all those admitted recently. I’ve been on a cruise so haven’t been online (that’s been nice) but I’m back. I have many messages to go through. Y’all have been busy!

Be prepared for gateway admissions in the next couple of weeks (most likely). And remember… if you get the email with options for team/waitlist/both… choose team only if you want a guarantee and hear back soon. Otherwise you may be waiting til April for PSA.

3 Likes

Any idea when they will just flat out say No? I can’t with the wait for my daughter. We said we were not interested in Blin or Rellis in the application.

Howdy! My son is a current Freshmen in the Blinn TEAM program. This week last year was the week he received his 3 options (TEAM only, Waitlist only, or both). Best guess it was on Jan. 24 last year. He chose TEAM only and received his admission one week later on Feb. 1st. Naturally, I have no idea how it will work this year, but just sharing how it was for us last year.

Like others have said, it is full admit. The only difference is your major is TEAM. It is not a Pathway as you are already admitted, but you cannot graduate with a major in TEAM, so at some point (after 1 year, 1.5, or 2 years) you will need to do a change of major.

You can take a max of 6 credits per semester at A&M and the rest at RELLIS. As a result, you pay per credit hour, so the cost is quite a bit lower. How much lower depends on what classes at which campus, but it can save $2000 to $3000 per semester. Because of that, I love it being the one paying the tuition.

Does my son love it? Yes and no. He is enrolled at 2 separate schools with 2 portals, 2 emails, 2 calendars, 2 scheduling systems, etc. So that can be challenging. He says the advisors are meh and not the most helpful. So not exactly all rainbows and sunshine with TEAM, but he is managing. Most importantly, he is at A&M and that is great.

9 Likes

@FriscoDad — I anticipate my son may receive a TEAB offer. I have read FriscoDad’s posts on this option. FriscoDad is clearly one of the best and most knowledgeable posters on these boards. If he is out there and reads this I would request his brief remedial course on the advantages and disadvantages, if any, to TEAB, including housing, ETAM, etc. Also, a disposition regarding differences between TEAB and Galveston engineering would be helpful since those appear to be very similar options in terms of pros and cons to me. I am tracking a lot issues, and I would like to bae able to quickly advise my son if he get’s the TEAB offer. FriscoDad, if you weigh in, thanks in advance. I imagine there are a number of posters (and lurkers) that would benefit from your thoughts.

@Steve6 you can tag him - @FriscoDad

Thanks for sharing the pros and cons. Hope to get decision soon!

1 Like

Before spring break, denials and psa should come out. For those that choose waitlist and team (if offered that choice) they’ll hear after spring break most likely. If they choose team only at that point, they’ll hear about a week or 2 from them.

2 Likes

Still waiting… Question about SRAR and I apologize if it has been asked already. Should we update the SRAR after the December semester grades have finalized and resubmit it? And if my DD changes one of her electives, should we update that on the SRAR since the final transcript will be different than what we originally thought when we did it last fall? Thanks for your help.

1 Like

If offered TEAB, take it. TEAB is mainly spillover of TAMU general engineering. Students take 6 hours at TAMU and the rest at Blinn Rellis (new buildings run by TAMU) each semester, a 15 minute shuttle ride from College Station main campus. TEAB and general engineering share the same ETAM process. The main difference is TEAB students pay less tuition. TEAB students share the same housing process as regular general engineering students.

In last two cycles, some TAMU general engineering students asked in NSC if they could take classes at Blinn Rellis, the answer is no. TEAB can only be offered to students.

TAMU engineering at Galveston and McAllen share the same course structure and provide same ETAM process. These are also good options but TEAB is preferred simply because TEAB is cheaper.

When we say “sharing the same ETAM process”, that means if students get 4.0 as TEAB in freshmen year, they all can auto-admit to their first choice majors in College Station.

2 Likes

They will not consider fall grades.

2 Likes

Thanks very much!

So, just to be clear exact same ETAM process for TEAB and regular TAMU engineering, correct?

1 Like

That’s correct!

2 Likes

I have just recently been diagnosed with a disability and am wondering during the application was there a question asking If the applicant had a disability. What would be the next steps on that process

Second message here. Would appreciate a response to my first message that’s above, but here’s my other question. I don’t really know if I’ll make it into engineering or not. If not, I’ll probably want to go into economics if I was accepted into A&M itself. My two majors (CS and data engineering, in that order) that I selected are both engineering.

Should I maybe select economics as my second choice instead? Or would that make no difference?

If you are college class of 2028 yes there is a question but best to express in essay A. For current cycle the document deadline passed but you can try upload your document in AIS.

Would contacting an admissions counselor help any?

If you meant contacting admission office, you can send a message in AIS after uploading your proof of disability. They may add to your second review if it hasn’t happened yet. Counselors cannot help much after application deadline. Good Luck!

Hey! Wondering if anyone could chance me? I’m applying to tamu for fall 2023. I’m ranked top 13-14% and I’m applying test optional due to a lower sat score (1130). I was involved in 7 clubs and have around 350 hours of community service/ volunteering. 1 also have 5-6 awards and certifications throughout high school. Im first gen and I also have 6 months of working experience. I applied for mays and Econ as my second choice.

4 Likes

Do you have any dual credit that shows course rigor and ability to do well in college courses? Your ECs are typical and class rank is solid but without test scores to help, it’s likely you will not get full admits. Team or gateway is a good option and possibility especially since first gen. Mays is full but not sure about Econ.

Hang in there. If tamu is your goal for a degree then you can get there. Please keep us posted on outcome. Hoping you get the decision that will help you be the most successful!

1 Like