Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

That you’ve been accepted to TEAM

I don’t understand your question. If you’ve been admitted why would you update srar?

So there is no specific time frame ( like Ut austin) for wave letters? It could happen at any given point in the day from now till feb 1rst? Although I thought I read even people could be waiting till March :-(.

2 Likes

Yes. Full since early December.

1 Like

He applied extremely late. Without knowing stats, hard to say if he has a chance. Feel free to put them out here and we can give you our best guess based on current and prior cycles.

No waves set. And people will most definitely hear in February and March. Those that chose waitlist (when offered) may not hear til April.

Has Texas A&M sent out any big waves for regular deadline? If so what dates? or any expected dates?

Is this also true for TEAB? Can the TEAB offer disappear before May 1 if the student is still comparing offers from other schools and doesn’t accept it quick enough? If so, about how much time does a student have to make that decision before the TEAB offer disappears?

Your decision is blinn team. You are no longer being considered for full admission. Congrats on Team. It’s a great program! You are an Aggie and can do all things full time students can do except you max out at 6 hours a semester at Tamu.

1 Like

[quote=“SoTxAg1, post:2750, topic:3603888, full:true”]
I am going to re-post this for help in deciphering my sons chances of getting in. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mays was 1st choice (i’m under the impression now he’s not getting it since we haven’t heard from them and they are closed)
Sports Management (under Kinesiology) is his second choice.

He applied in August
3.75 Non-Weighted GPA
98.6 Weighted GPA
319/895 (35%) at a competitive school so the ranking could hurt, but i am not sure if they actually do class rankings
ACT score: 27
AP scores haven’t been great. He’s taken two and has 2’s on both. Taking his 3rd now.
Dual Credit:
English - 3 semesters
Pre Cal - 2 semesters
Geology - 1 semester
Gov’t - 1 semester
Econ - 1 semester

215 service hours
2 varsity sports - Varsity football captain/2nd Team All-State Academic Team
National Honor Society
3 jobs on resume (one being heavy in mentoring youth)
Delegate at Texas Boys State
Yout Mens Service League (4 years)- President and other committees
2 mission trips
FCA
Leader for Life - High School driven Leadership organization

1 Like

Oops, not December 3, that’s when he got the acknowledgment email. He definitely applied before the December 1 deadline (might have been December 1); it was a late addition to his application list.

As of today, it’s at the bottom of the list of seven schools he applied to, so he’s not going to be heartbroken if he doesn’t get in.

1 Like

Can you share the names of the other schools? Did he apply for Psychology at all of them?

Sure: CU Boulder (accepted), University of Denver (accepted), UMass Amherst (accepted), University of Arizona (accepted), Trinity U (deferred), University of Washington (decision coming early-mid March). And yes, all psychology.

1 Like

Trinity in San Antonio?

1 Like

Yes. My husband went there. And weirdly, it’s now in my son’s top 3.

1 Like

Those are all great schools. In my opinion, Trinity is an extremely nice school. If he gets accepted there and the money is right, I’d recommend a visit if you haven’t already.

1 Like

Oh yeah, we went to Trinity in Focus back in July. The campus is soooo gorgeous, and it’s like a little oasis in big ole San Antonio! We’ll see what shakes out. He’s jumped through all the hoops, but they had 11000+ applications for something like 600 seats.

2 Likes

My fingers are crossed that he gets the option! San Antonio is a very nice city. It’s a sleeper (word hasn’t gotten out how nice it is – shhhhh!). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Accepting TEAB doesn’t immediately confirm enrollment. One still need to register NSC (even theoretically NSC can still change mind go to other school). Accepting TEAB also allows student to start housing process (even though student may not enroll).

TEAB students are required to have a 3.75GPA at BOTH campuses to qualify for auto admit. My freshman son knew this, of course, but I just found out on one of the FB pages. :crazy_face:

1 Like