Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

I meant to say that my EFC on FAFSA is 27k officially and I was using one parents income to show 68k/2. Do you know when the financial aid offer will come?

Financial Aid offer will come between now til end of April. Sometimes they may add small amount right before tuition due date.

EFC (Expected Family Contribution) is calculated based on your family’s linked 1040 tax return in FAFSA and IRS data extraction process. Grants will be based on EFC. Merit based scholarship (NMSF/NMS) won’t be looking at EFC. In engineering starting sophomore year, there will be engineering (department based) grants for students with good freshmen GPA that is not EFC based.

2 Likes

@devratpatel congrats on the offers!
Did you submit scholarship application, when applying to A&M?

What were your stats?

1 Like

Congrats! :blush:

Does it show the offer in Howdy or on AIS?

1 Like

Yes, my ais also says that my scholarship application is complete.

2 Likes

on ais, it is shown like this

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice,
I also contacted the office of admissions and they also said the same, that not many international students get these offer, so grateful for that.

Also I decided to go with Blinn, but I have a question that how easy is to travel from Blinn to TAMU and vice-versa? what are possible travelling options? how much time it take for the journey?

@devratpatel Thank you for showing what AIS screen looks like, very helpful.

And congrats again!!! :tada:

2 Likes

Did you happen to graduate from a Texas high school and graduate in the top 10% or get at least an 1100 on the SAT? If so there are several interest free loan options. Call the bank and they will email the applications.

I wish someone had told us about this. My daughter took out $5400 in federal unsubsidized loans this year. For next year she is taking out this interest free loan (pending approval). She just submitted the application. Our high school has a big college, career, and military advising center and they provided info about the FAFSA for federal loans and a spreadsheet of scholarships but didn’t tell us about these interest free loans or we would have applied for them last year. Found out about it from a mom in the Aggie Parents Facebook group.

2 Likes

Yes, my son was admitted in early December without test scores as a holistic admit. I think I remember seeing a few others on this thread too.
Good Luck!

1 Like

Super easy. I think there is a shuttle that takes kids back and forth between Rellis and TAMU.

7 Likes

If you really want Computer Science, I think Galveston would be the best option for you. They offer CS at the Galveston campus and if you are willing to stay there, you have a much better chance of getting CS even if you aren’t an auto admit.

1 Like

@RBT26 agree. @devratpatel the Comp Sci program at Galveston is new, classes will be much smaller, dorms are newer. There would be no need to catch a shuttle back & forth, like between A&M College Station and Blinn Bryan campus.

1 Like

Is this admission to the selected campus? A friend’s son also got this yesterday and made his choice. @FriscoDad

Free shuttle between Blinn Rellis (nice new buildings) The entire stretch on the highway owned by TAMU so consider just traveling to another building. Along the ride it will pass Health building as well. Without stop about 15-20 minutes.

2 Likes

I also want to add Galveston (TAMUG) is a completely funded TAMU branch campus, so Galveston is not an PSA “system” school but what they call a “branch” campus. Galveston has a newly opened Comp Science major that is the same as College Station. That’s why you don’t see TAMUG in A&M system page (About | SYSTEM OFFICES)

3 Likes

These are not TAMU system schools, these are considered TAMU College Station campus what they referred as “branch” campus.

1 Like

Right, but is this acceptance or “we will keep considering you if you want to be at one of these campuses”? Thank you!

After you select an option, in a few days (or a day or two) when NSC registration opens, then it is acceptance.

And after you pay a non-refundable NSC fee, then it is considered commitment to enrollment.

2 Likes