Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@FriscoDad Thanks for your guidance

I’m going in circles on the housing portal. Any guidance on how to find the place to put down the deposit? Very confusing and keeps taking me back and forth to the same places. Thanks

1 Like

I just saw something on this over on the “Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027” thread. Look at the convo 13d back between Cnak and dawn3

2 Likes

Is your AIS showing NSC registration and Howdy has 7 tabs for College Station?

If you just accepted Blinn Team only offer it may take a few more days.

7 Likes

Some folks are saying that just because you are offered TEAB, doesn’t mean you are admitted. Is this true, if so, what are the odds of acceptance after accepting the consideration?

In the past few cycles, after accepting TEAB offer, AIS will open up NSC and reflect full admission between 1 day and up to 9 days. But when closer to Feb and March, the turnaround time can be longer.
And if one doesn’t accept offer for too long (leaving AIS in offer-buttons state), the offer can disappear in AIS when TEAB is full.

2 Likes

So TAMU processes about the same number of applications or a little less than UT Austin with more auto admits than UT Austin?

@Steve6 i honestly don’t know.
But I bet @FriscoDad might!

UT Austin’s 2021-22 Common Data set shows 31417 men applied and 34626 women applied that cycle. So, looks like a similar number. Purdue’s was over 59,000 for that cycle. I think what complicates and perhaps delays TAMU’s decisions is the variety of offers TAMU makes — College Station, Galveston, Mc Allen, Blinn TEAM, TEAB and the Pathways. Basically TAMU provides applicants more ways to become an Aggie than UT Austin provides applicants to become a Longhorn or Purdue provides applicants to become a Boilermaker. To be sure both UT Austin and Purdue offer options, but not as many as TAMU. Patience is a virtue.

2 Likes

UT enrolls roughly 75% of its class from top 6% auto admits. A&M enrolls high 60% of its class from top 10%. What percentage of A&M auto admits are denied ETAM engineering?

Inquiring minds want to know! :grinning:

1 Like

What percentage of holistic applicants will get full admission at this point in the cycle?

We are having the same problem with Housing. 7 tabs yesterday, AIS Blinn Team acceptance today, but Housing isn’t working. Were you able to figure it out?

We were so excited to find 7 tabs for my son last night and a full admission this afternoon! He was a holistic, test optional applicant. My 3rd generation Aggie son will be joining his sister ('25) in Aggieland this fall! Thank you to everyone for your help! And best wishes to all those still waiting! We are delighted! GigEm!

For reference, my son’s stats…

3.71 unweighted
4.51 weighted
Class rank was in top 25% (no official ranking) at competitive 5A HS
7 AP classes
No DC classes
NHS
Travel Ice Hockey Player
Heavily involved in our church with volunteer work
Part time work over the past year
Submitted some pretty impressive essays (in my humble opinion :slight_smile: )

10 Likes

So out of the about 50,000 holistic review applicants, 11-12,000 will get either full admittance or Blinn Team. 13k auto + 11-12k holistic = 24-25k admitted. That means that about 22-24% of holistic reviews get full or Blinn Team. So the remaining 76-78% get PSA or flat out rejections?

Me and your son have somewhat similar stats. Hopefully I hear soon!

1 Like

TAMU denied 0% auto to engineering. But UT and TAMU have two main differences.

1. UT engineering admits directly to major. TAMU has ETAM year to really determine.
  2. UT engineering classes size of the decreases from Freshmen to Senior, TAMU increases from Freshmen to Senior through merging pathways, that way it maximizes taxpayers’ dollars.

aaa

2 Likes

What time did you guys get your acceptance last night?

Actual data below

a1

a2

2 Likes