Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Howdy! My son checked his Howdy Portal about 10:00pm last night and noticed the 3 tabs had changed to 7. I have heard earlier in this thread that that usually happens in the mornings. Today about 1:00pm the AIS screen switched from application in review to Admitted.

6 Likes

Ohhh so it most likely updated in the morning?

@AggieMom97 congrats! What major?
Will he try out for Aggie Ice Hockey? My Aggie and friends LOVE to watch the ice hockey games!

1 Like

The article from The Bat indicated somewhere between 46 -50,000 holistic reviews this year. So last year there were about 29,000 holistic? Do you think the numbers quoted in The Bat are incorrect?

1 Like

Total applicants for “First time first year”+ “Undergraduate” would be around 46K.

If including transfer, master and doctor, it will be around 70K total applications.

Interesting analysis.

I’ve read that TAMU has an $18 billion endowment and 72,000 paying customers. If that’s true, why are tax dollars being used? I don’t doubt they are, but hmmm?

Endowment is not used for paying tuition. The purpose of endowment is controlled by the person donating the property. And many donors prefer using for research.
Department scholarships are mostly donated by alumni who also provide their criteria for granting so Aggie One Stop has to follow the criteria instead of giving money away as they wish.

4 Likes

Agree. To my mind the big tax expense will be covering student loan losses.

TAMU budget is in below link, you can tell from page 6. The tuition TAMU charging students is only 23% of total expenditure. In other words, if TAMU is private, students will have to pay 4.3 times of what they are paying now. That makes TAMU a very attractive offer for students. And of course that makes dropping a class costly to taxpayers as 46% of revenue comes from Federal and State appropriations.

2 Likes

Anyone get the Aggieland Saturday invite that is still still under review? Curious as to the targeted audience.

Thanks!!

1 Like

Audience might be many as we admitted/NSC signed up and still got the Aggieland invite email.

3 Likes

My guess is that adding the ability to apply via the Common App this year made applications increase. Kids are now applying to many more colleges than in years’ past and the Common App makes it easier to apply to lots of them without a lot more effort.

1 Like

@Amy272727 Aggieland Saturday is large, basically a campus wide Open House, open to all prospective & admitted students. It’s finally getting cranked back up, after Covid killed it for a couple years.
Definitely worth attending!

2 Likes

Hi everyone - new to this forum/site and have learned a lot from just reading everyone’s comments. My son is still waiting to hear back (Engineering first choice/Business second), has a 5.15 weighted/3.95 unweighted, 1410 SAT, 2 sport varsity athlete, YMSL, Job and AP/dual credit classes. I read the Batt article yesterday and am wondering if he is likely to be flushed, be offered TEAM/TEAB or full admission.

Any thoughts/feedback are most appreciated. Crazy how competitive it is now - I would have never gotten in if it was this way in 1988. Thanks.

3 Likes

He didn’t get the offer with options this week?

Those stats should get him Teab or Galveston at least.

2 Likes

Yes which makes it confusing too Plan. Already have gotten similar emails from admitted colleges. We did not receive a decision till end of Feb with my oldest and she went to another colleges version of aggie day, fell in love with vibe /scene and graduated from that school.

2 Likes

Did he get assigned first quarter and apply before October 1?

1 Like

Thanks - he hasn’t seen anything yet.

Yes - he is first quarter and applied in late September.

1 Like