Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Frustrating. My son was awarded 1st Team Academic All State for Football but they never provided a certificate to submit so he wasn’t able to add that achievement to his app before 12/15. So maddening!!

How long does it take for TAMU to release TEAB decisions?

Edit: does merit scholarship decision come along with TEAB decision?

2 Likes

1 to 9 days in the last few cycles for TEAB decisions to open NSC registration.

Scholarship and admission are two different offices in TAMU. Financial aid comes much later.
In-state NMSF/NMS students will get their presidential award before end of April in their financial aid portal. All other students need to file FAFSA.
All international students need to file ISFAA along with University Scholarship Application which opened Oct 15th to Feb 1st before one will be considered for scholarship.

2 Likes

Sorry but what is NSC?

New Student Conference - where you meet w advisor and discuss classes and register.

I hope they were able to help. The tech glitches are definitely frustrating! We were able to get into housing app this morning - guessing Howdy just needed to reset overnight.

By registering for NSC (New Student Conference), that is considered ‘accepting’ A&M; so wait to register, until you know for sure it’s where you’ll attend.

Do you have to registerfor NSC before you can apply for housing?

we did housing first. no issues.

@Waiting2021 no! But you can’t do either until acceptance. Register for Housing AS SOON AS student gets acceptance and Housing portal opens-$75 non refundable deposit. Dorm selection is based on time stamp Housing is paid…so obviously those that apply earliest get best time slot.
Dorms will fill up, usually the 1st week in March is the deadline for dorms to be guaranteed.
NSC registration fills up, as well, but there are many sessions all summer, and it’s required.

1 Like

Could you speak to your student’s experience in Blinn Team this year. My son was accepted to Blinn Team this week and is so disappointed. He just doesn’t understand how awesome it is to be accepted. When A&M gets 60K applications, it is great to get any pathway esp b/c he was holistic and did not turn in test scores. Thank you.

Thank you! We are in for Blinn Team. Son not convinced yet that Blinn Team is the route he wants, but I’d rather pay the $75 and get on housing list. It looks like it wants a password to get into the housing info. Does that sound right?

I will also add that my son is at Galveston for his freshman year. He will be in CS next semester because he is not applying to any of the engineering majors they offer at Galveston. However, his experience at Galveston has been much easier than many that I have heard about at CS. He has had no problem getting the classes he needs. His professors are very accessible because the classes are smaller and he has relationships with his professors. He doesn’t have to worry about catching a bus or getting a parking assignment far from his dorm. He parks very close to his dorm and has a quick walk to all his classes. His dorm is very nice. And like FriscoDad says, Galveston is A & M. Going to Galveston is full admission, just without many of the hassles that kids at CS have reported.

2 Likes

@Waiting2021 for sure go ahead and pay the Housing deposit, even if he’s on the fence. If he decides to go somewhere else, just make sure you cancel the Housing contract by April 30…or you’ll be bound to pay.

I get his TEAM disappointment, however, he can still live on campus, Rush a fraternity, join all orgs, have a sports pass…it IS considered full acceptance. If a student isn’t auto admit, or doesn’t submit very high test scores, TEAM and other pathways are to be expected. PSA is disappointment worthy.

*my Aggie is a Senior, did everything, so I’m not sure about Housing application. I do know it’s a two step process, and you son will need to initiate it from his portal.

1 Like

Thanks for the great description of Galveston. That sounds like a better option the more I hear about it.

Any thoughts on whether the spots for TEAB are already full at this point in time or not? I thought that my son had a pretty good shot of a full admission based on his accomplishments but now I’m worried that even TEAB/TEAM won’t be an option. Thanks.

2 Likes

Agree, it’s getting super frustrating.
I posted stats awhile back, but my son applied EA for engineering on 8/3, all green checks by 8/6. Ranked 1st quarter on AIS, got the deferment email before Christmas and still sitting at “application under review”.

4 Likes

One the main CONs in TAMU is how hard it is to get the major you actually want especially in engineering and business, and coming from Blinn it is even harder, My daughter does not want that pressure. Just something to consider that he would have to aim for a GPA = 4

1 Like

TEAB is not full yet. Second review takes time.

3 Likes

Thanks - really appreciate the info!

1 Like