Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Overall is 45 Blinn and 15 TAMU. Note that 15 TAMU is minimum. Some classes are tougher grading (not the content) in TAMU so students prefer to take a Blinn classs. Blinn Classes are mostly 8 weeks some have full semester.

They made the change for us. You have to speak with an admissions counselor. The change will take 48 hours to update in the system. He did say it does not speed up the decision but trusting what others on this site have said.

A&M is her only choice and she was willing to go straight Blinn if it came down to that. Stands to reason team TEAM will fill up if we choose waitlist and TEAM her chances to get TEAM are less.

3 Likes

I can finally breathe after reading that haha! I’ll get mine changed as soon as possible.

2 Likes

What did you tell them?

If you are offered and accept TEAM, but chose Waitlist and TEAM originally, can they still come back and offer full admittance in April or May and that trumps TEAM?

Also, is transferring from RELLIS an option? *DC student with 40ish hours.

Did you call the admissions office to make this change?

DD got the three choices today and chose TEAM only. She is a little sad, but have been telling her for months that this is a good thing IF she even gets the offer. Big sister (junior Aggies) is very excited for her. She has many friends who are doing or did TEAM. I’m SO thankful! Now we just wait to see that she is officially in. I have followed this thread for a while and when I was waiting for my older daughter to get in I would spend hours reading things. The people here are amazing! Thank you for your wisdom and knowledge! And Gig 'Em! (I went to UT, but told both my daughters that imo that was NOT the place for them!)

6 Likes

Non engineering students do not get the Galveston and McAllen offer.

If someone’s called about switching decisions this morning please help! Who do I contact? What do I say?

You’re panicking. Take a breath. Call admissions. Tell them what you want to do. They’ll either help you or send you to someone who can.

1 Like

It’s rare but we have seen kids offered team and then get full admit later. If you chose both for now, you won’t hear for a long time.

Any choice with waitlist will have to wait it out, at times till end of April as May 1st is NSC registration cut off and TAMU have the tally of enrollment.

As for DC with 40 hours. You have to look at the major at TAMU (check the degree plan) Chances are the targeted major won’t have the match of your entire 40 hours of DC. The fewer the better because the goal of DCs are preparing students for more challenging college courses, DC should not be viewed as a shortcut for faster graduation. If around 24 hours transferrable, then student still has plenty to take at Blinn and TAMU. Blinn Team is “up to” 2 years, student can apply early transiting to full time TAMU.

2 Likes

My DD received the same 3 options this morning. Her major is Allied Health. Any advice on what to choose?

Blinn Team has direct admission contract for AH, refer to the last cycle requirement below

https://tap.tamu.edu/TransitionAcademicPrograms/media/Gallery/2022-HLTH-Pathway-(TEAM).pdf

A contract means once the requirement is met, the transition is guaranteed.

2 Likes

Sorry, this is all just really stressful. I just want it over with. haha

2 Likes

Did you have to request it in ais or did they do it on the call?

2 Likes

Well we still haven’t heard anything. Do you think Blinn Team if about full at this point?

@htx36 what are the stats-major(s) selected, gpa, class rank, test scores and when did they apply?

2 Likes

In the last few cycles they had offer keep going till end of Feb. Check the 2026 and 2025 discussion.

1 Like

My daughter got the 3 options this morning too. Applied Environmental Design major. She was test optional, 2nd Qtr., large competitive high school (like so many), great extracurriculars, 12 hours dual credit. She’s now possibly interested in Business/Marketing, but knows that is a tough road to change. She chose the Blinn Team only option this morning. She has other schools she’s considering. Shocked she got the options this morning tbh since she’s 2Q test optional. A huge accomplishment even if she decides to go elsewhere. Hopefully that gives others hope.

7 Likes