Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son got the Blinn Team offer this morning. We are thrilled!!

6 Likes

Does anyone know why AIS would remove the second choice of major?

If change major button is still there it is likely the second choice major is not being considered (full or more applicants than can be admitted)

1 Like

Female at large 6A High school in Texas.
3.73/4.00 and 4.46/6.00 No Test Score submitted. She is 2nd Qtr. and will have 15hr DC. 2 sports and lots of volunteer hours. NHS and is also first generation. Very strong essay. She choose Mays and education & Human Development as 1 and 2 for majors. She applied 10/1. She received CAP from UT last night but has been admitted to all other schools…Baylor, OU, LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, Arkansas, UH and handful of other Texas schools. Her father was a 3yr letterman at TAMU and she has had her heart set on this school forever. She would be THRILLED with a Blinn Team offer but we are losing hope!

The original second choice is still listed in Howdy at the bottom where Choice 1 and Choice 2 are listed, but I wanted to change the second choice to Economics. And within manage applications, no second choice major is listed there at all, so I went ahead and tried to add/change the second choice major to Economics and it just keeps returning to an empty Choice 2 on manage applications. If any of that makes sense.

There may be a chance that second review already went through but it is better not to guess. Ask a question in AIS.

Can you clarify the Blinn Team choice? We received the 3 choices like many others. Ive read that going Blinn Team is the best option because you will be accepted faster. If we choose both is there a risk of getting none?

1 Like

That the second review went through and it is possibly PSA. I am okay with whatever happens. My sister went to Blinn her first year and then transferred to A&M, because she was only given the PSA option. She ended up graduating with honors and a degree in Nutrition with a minor in Genetics in 2022. She will be starting her Ph.D. in the fall!! It isn’t where you start, it’s where you finish!

4 Likes

Yes, many cycles had the same experience.
But then if everyone picks Blinn Team only, then they will have to reject some, the general idea is accept Blinn only asap as there are limit in seats.
If one has “waitlist”, that person can wait so wait till April is very common. One can choose waitlist if he or she has other options.

1 Like

Definitely, I said many years TAMU pathways are a lot more sincere than UT because of that.

Felt like yesterday when my neighbor’s girl took my kids to trick-a-treat. She got Blinn in 2016, transitioned to TAMU Allied Health, despite a 3.9 GPA still got rejected by TAMU Nursing. Last Fall however, she was admitted and started TAMU dental school.

4 Likes

@htx36 good stats, and great acceptances!
I’m confused, she’s 1st gen what? American?
Test optional and 2nd quarter isn’t working in her favor. Mays is full, so expect Edu major, if offered.
Hopefully she’ll get offered Gateway or Blinn TEAM! :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Thank you. We chose TEAM and are crossing everything that she gets accepted. In your experience is it another long wait time?

1 Like

The one thing that does not make sense with this process is that less qualified applicants, based on our knowledge of other classmates, received Blinn Team offer only and were guaranteed this pathway whereas those offered waitlist and Team are not guaranteed either. Stands to reason they would offer a guarantee of Team now instead of making you wait again?

Her father was drafted and played professional sports after his Jr yr at TAMU so he never finished his 4yr degree. I don’t have a college degree so she is considered first generation. We are American (white) and live in the Houston area. We are worried we are running out of time at this point. Blinn Team or Gateway would be great at this point. She got into every Business school at all the other universities so we were holding onto a small piece of hope but we also understood how competitive it is to get into Mays. At what point are Team and Gateway full and no longer taking anymore students?

1 Like

I called and they said I have to do it through ais. Is that the only way or can it be done over call?

you should be able to do it over phone as AIS does not allow you to change. They will have to override. The applicant will have to call and speak to an admissions counselor

Could you send the phone number you called?

1 Like

Just curious why some people were offered Blinn Team without getting an option email?

3 Likes

I think that’s unnecessary. If students are at the stage where they’re being offered Blinn Team, A&M has already decided they’re academically qualified. Further, they’ve undergone a holistic review and the department has concluded that admitting those students will add to the diversity and quality of the freshman class. If your student has not been offered the same opportunity they don’t have to denigrate other (potential) classmates.

5 Likes

In the last few cycles if you check 2026 and 2025 it was not that long.

1 Like