Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

There is actually a “Pathway to Sports Management”. I just printed it out for my son to look at. Like you said there is so much info on the TAMU site for Blinn Team.

2 Likes

Incidentally, Twin 2 was offered PACE by UT Austin last night, their version of TEAM. I think UT’s PACE is much smaller than TAMU’s TEAM pathway and there doesn’t seem to be as much info known about it like Blinn Team. TAMU does an excellent job of providing very detailed info about the TEAM/TEAB programs on their website.

Thank your for the reply.
So you don’t think it would have any bearing in the meantime in terms of his potential to maybe get a full admittance spot if one opens up late?

So he chooses TEAM, is accepted, then in April/May they come back around and “accept” him as full admittance due to a major that might have more openings at that time?

And I have two kids at A&M currently. One was through Blinn and the other full admittance. I know TEAM is something to be happy/excited about, but the full admittance is still the goal he is pursuing and wants to exhaust all measures

I just wanna know if they’ll let me change my decision. I’m stressing so much about it. I’m not sure why they didn’t let me right then and there.

1 Like

Someone said this on Reddit:

Spoke to admissions advisor this morning. Choosing both TEAM and waitlist doesn’t delay anything.

They drop you into two buckets and one does not delay offers of the other. You will be considered for TEAM in the same timeframe regardless of selecting waitlist or not. By selecting both, you simply up your chances. If you don’t get offered TEAM but something opens up after March when declined offers come in and you’re on the waitlist, you are still in contention. This is essentially what my advisor told me today. I’ve talked to her a couple times now and trust her completely. Basically she said choose both doesn’t make a difference in timing of offers. They are really looking to weed out the ones who do not want TEAM at all which then allows them to not waste their time reviewing and offering to those applicants right now in turn taking away the opportunity for someone else to know sooner. She also said the goal is to have as many offers out before they go in spring break so they can begin financial aid and scholarship offers.

See image in my next post for a more full and better explanation from last years admissions.

1 Like

^Is there a chance they changed it up?

Oh that’s awesome. I think sports mgmt is a fun unique degree and can minor in business to support it.

Honestly can’t say. If he’s open to going straight blinn just in case he doesn’t get an offer after going waitlist/blinn option, then I’d go for both and hold out for the wait. I would change major outside of Mays in hopes that would help but can’t be sure it would but couldn’t hurt.

Very few come off team to full admit after the fact. It has happened (more last year than I’ve seen before) but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Yep. They say this every year. It’s really up to you. Over the next week we will see those that chose team only, get their decision. Then in March/April we’ll see those that chose both, get their decision. It’s a maddening process for sure.

I 100% want to be wrong. I truly do. Maybe they’ve learned from past cycles that they lose out on some kids because of the wait.

Bottom line is you have to be confident in what you choose and what those implications are, the good and possible not so good.

3 Likes

I want mine to change regardless. I already submit a request for them to change it. I’m just confused over the whole process with the options.

Are the acceptances that have gone out this month EA only? Are there any acceptances from the Regular Decision deadline yet?

1 Like

Tamu doesn’t have early action for anything other than engineering. Is that what you’re referring to? All major types have received the option offer. Not all students but all majors that we can see.

1 Like

Our son applied 11/1, and got Blinn TEAM last week. I don’t think A&M has early admission deadlines (except engineering which is 10/15).

My son received various options including Galveston, McAllen, and Blinn. However, he is only interested in college station. When we tried to decline the other engineering options it states “by saying no, you will be denied admission to the university and offered the opportunity to participate in the Program for System Admission”. We are a little confused about this wording. Does it state that he will be denied from only the other programs or from college station as well? Appreciate your response.

2 Likes

TEAB with MPE> 22 follows schedule B

https://engineering.tamu.edu/admissions-and-aid/incoming-students/teab-schedule-b.html

In ETAM year, student takes Math 2413 in Fall, Math 2414 in Spring. Calculus III is sophomore Fall already in major.

Ok so my daughter got the 3 options this morning and chose TEAM. What is the chance of being denied for teams? This has been a very stressful day!

2 Likes

Yes. Engineering at cstat must be full. Teab is the next best thing if you want to be in cstat and attend Tamu and blinn rellis campus.

1 Like

In years past, those that chose team only did not get denied. Should hear in a week or less.

5 Likes

So very grateful for this thread! Thank you so much @ChristiR93, @FriscoDad, @52AG82 and others for your time and efforts, helping us navigate this complicated process! My son also received the Engineering pathway offer today and is leaning towards choosing TEAB. However; we were wondering if Galveston might be a better choice for him, due to his interest in Computer Science. I understand that first year Engineering students at Galveston go through the same ETAM process as TEAB and CStat students and they need to get a 3.77 GPA or higher to get into Computer Science at College Station, as it is the most popular Engineering major. If he doesn’t reach the high GPA requirement, would he have the option of staying on the Galveston campus as a Comp Sci major, as part of their new program?

3 Likes

Sharing my son’s experience with receiving this same email last year (3 options). He chose waitlist and Blinn as his option because the admissions office and regional advisor both indicated it was the best option. He selected that option mid morning on the day the option was presented in AIS. Other students from our same school selected Blinn only. To a student, those that selected Blinn only were admitted the following Monday. Our son was eventually granted full admission on March 3rd. Also to a student he had higher test scores and a higher GPA than those that selected Blinn only and were admitted the following week. It seemed to us that they have this big group of students that A&M believes to all be qualified and are just trying to find a way to piece the puzzle together. So though your student may have “higher qualifications” in some measurable categories, all of the kids receiving the three options are all qualified to attend Texas A&M.
Mays was his first option and once he was admitted, he was required to change his major to any of the majors that were still open. He went back and forth with Econ and Ag Buisness and ultimately chose Ag Buisness.
The main challenge he experienced with receiving the full admit about 4-5 weeks later was housing. The cut off for guaranteed on campus housing was March 2nd ( this varies year to year based off timing of deposits received) so he was at the very front of the housing “waitlist” line. Ultimately, it all worked out. He moved off housing waitlist and was able to select a dorm that he was very happy with. He is also very happy with his major. Team Blinn would have been great and if he could do it over again, he probably would choose Blinn only. It all worked out from him, but also to a student, other than our son, those that selected both Blinn and waitlist from his school were given PSA. Maybe it’s different this year than years past, but it sure seems like the same scenario playing out again.

9 Likes