Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

It seems like most of the Blinn offers are for Engineering. Has any got a Blinn Team offer for Econ?

If not getting 3.77, then will be holistic review. Yes Galveston may get CS at Galveston at better chance.

Note that many engineering fields have over 35 credit hours of coding. So it is not really only computer science graduating with coding skills.

1 Like

I was speaking about the early Engineering deadline. DS applied late November for engineering. He hasn’t heard anything yet.

1 Like

Great info, thanks! We’ll look into it. Do you, by any chance, know what the chances are of transferring to MIS (Mays) from TEAB? It’s another major he’d be interested in if he doesn’t get Comp Sci.

Thanks. I don’t think that quite addresses my question.

The ETAM for TEAB is a little more complex than regular ETAM. It says “In the interest of academic success, coenrolled students who receive a major offer through ETAM prior to completion of their two year coenrollment program are required to complete the calculus sequence (MATH 2413, MATH 2414 and MATH 2415) for their admitted major at the two year partner institution prior to transitioning full time into the major at Texas A&M.”

That seems to mean 2415 at RELLIS in the summer before the second year (assuming it’s offered in the summer) in order to be fully at Texas A&M n the major obtained through ETAM for the second year.

Does this mean that a student must complete 2415 at RELLIS in the summer before starting second year classes at College Station? Alternatively, can the student just take 2415 at RELLIS in the fall and the rest of their ETAM major courses that fall at College Station?

My daughter got a Blinn offer and her major choice was business but I think that non engineering majors go into general studies at Blinn

1 Like

My son applied for Engineering on 10/31. Received Galveston/TEAB/McAllen options today.

2 Likes

We are out of state and applied in November. My son got accepted to engineering in December . We are concerned about Etam and getting his first major since he only wants one major its not guaranteed even with the 3.75

@Decision2023 it would be tough to transfer into Mays, from TEAB. Very specific classes must be taken, and Mays won’t accept any transfers with over 60 total hours. A 3.9-4.0 will be required also.

If this is the case, weeding out the ones who don’t want TEAM, why not just offer TEAM only and WAITLIST only? Why even offer TEAM/waitlist? What folks on here are saying makes more sense — and the reason why the officials aren’t saying it, because they know most people would be choosing TEAM only.

I have been on this site for awhile, and the folks that are educating you on this platform have been spot on.

I agree with you. I just copied and pasted what someone said on Reddit.

1 Like

Read back through the comments about Engineering at Blinn. It is great to be offered that pathway, and many applicants would be thrilled to get it.

3 Likes

Teab is typically 1 year (they apply for ETaM in spring like full admit students as long as requirements are met which majority do meet). Team is 2 year program and many transfer before the 2 year mark.

Edited to say… I just went and reviewed it and yeah it depends in your starting math course. Also, they do allow you to stay coenrolled for the full 2 years.

3 Likes

God Bless you! Thank you for sharing this! Glad your sons experience went well!

1 Like

Sorry guys this is going to be the last time asking this for at least today haha, but do you guys think they’ll change my decision to Blinn team only? Since I changed my decision early in the morning and tried contacting them through your the day and submitted a request?

1 Like

Even if they don’t change it, I bet you’ll still have a pathway to TAMU, whether by TEAMS or full admit. I got PSA last year and thought it was the worse thing ever. I am doing PSA at TAMU-Corpus Christi and have loved it, and really like living on the island. Pulled all As my first semester and will transfer to TAMU in the fall after this semester. It has gone so fast it seems unreal. I will miss Corpus but looking forward to continuing on my pathway to TAMU.

3 Likes

TAMUCC has been supportive of the PSA program. Looking forward to attending this event next week.

1 Like

@Fj23 you have to be confident in the decisions you make. Everyone is different.
Do you have other school options? It’s never best to put all your eggs in one basket.
If you are offered Blinn TEAM or PSA, do either offer major choices you’d like? That’s definitely something to think about.
I also wouldn’t put too much faith in Reddit…

2 Likes

Check 2026, 2025, 2024 threads. Do keyword search within the thread and you will know. And admissions back then said the same thing and the specific word is like picking everything is the same. I don’t recall they “encourage” people choosing “waitlist”.

Of course, there is a slight possibility this year can change. But for those who claimed waiting till January is so hard, contributors here are trying to help new applicants to ease the pain. We understand every year there are still a few pick waitlist because they really can wait. We do see a few got fully admitted to TAMU, very few.

Admission wants a percentage picking Blinn only, and a percentage picking waitlist. From the last few years, people in this forum agreed the “wait list” option was wanting to see if applicants had other options. Otherwise, AO should have just offer TEAB or Blinn directly and open NSC registration. Many even flat out stated waitlist led to PSA. And honestly saying TAMU PSA is an excellent program.

AO have to tell applicants all offers are equally good. When TAMU sent out the pathways email few weeks ago, they really meant for students to research through the pathways so they know what to do when the buttons are up.

10 Likes

I applied to UH as well. Blinn team has the mays route. I understand I have to keep a 3.8 gpa, but I’ve always had to work harder in school to get my grades. I believe in myself with Blinn I just want the opportunity if that makes sense.

1 Like