Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Are there specific dorms that the TEAM Blinn students can choose or are they allowed to choose any one?

@1000Questions dorm selection is based off time stamp Housing deposit is paid. Those that paid in September get 1st dibs. The later students are admitted and/or the later students pay (example-if a student got accepted in October, but didn’t pay deposit until December), the later their dorm selection time will be.
Blinn TEAM students are considered full acceptance. There is nothing ‘different’ or ‘special’ about them, except their major will be Blinn TEAM, and they take a certain number of hours at Blinn, until they have fulfilled their TEAM requirements.

2 Likes

@Fj23 i think you have dual credit? You’ll need to plan carefully, if you end up going Blinn TEAM route. Mays & Economics don’t accept students with more than 60 transferable hours-which includes DC-and very specific classes must be taken to apply for transfer. A 3.9-4.0 will be needed for Mays.
Just trying to help you weigh options.
UH has a fabulous business school! Great option!

I have a few basics that would transfer but nowhere near 60 hours. I thought you need a 3.8 for maya? I might look into Econ as well honestly. Thank you so much!

Unfortunately, all dual credit hours are automatically applied, whether you need them or not (AP is accepted by the student). TEAM requirements have very specific hours that must be fulfilled. Just know that between dual credit, Blinn and A&M hours, if they equal to 60 or more when applying to transfer, Mays and Econ won’t accept you.
Perhaps a TEAM agreement allows a 3.8, but regular Mays change of major needs to be 3.9-4.0.

https://tap.tamu.edu/TransitionAcademicPrograms/media/Gallery/2022-Pathway-to-Business-(TEAM).pdf

I have 23 hours so am I good? I might do Econ since the gpa requirement is a little lower and I saw that you can get similar jobs from both majors. I’ll look into it though. Right now the main thing for me is hoping that they let me change my decision. Someone called earlier and got it changed but I had to send a request. I sent it earlier and I have proof that I tried calling to change it as well. Hopefully all goes well.

1 Like

I don’t see an Econ pathway agreement, so that wouldn’t be a guarantee.
With 23 dc hours, depending on what they are, you could be cutting it close to 60, by the time you take the required A&M and Blinn hours. That’s something you’d need to discuss with an advisor, and be very strategic about classes taken.

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM#:~:text=The%20basic%20requirements%20of%20TEAM,during%20the%20two-year%20program.

1 Like

Well I have history 1301 and 1302, I have govt but only one semester. The rest are anatomy which I think would be useless.

1 Like

If my DD gets the offer of TeamB, will she be able to stay on TAMU campus dorm? Is this even an option?

1 Like

Thank you to all that contribute to this thread.

Another question regarding the TEAM only vs BOTH (TEAM and Waitlist) option:

Is it possible that all the students / parents who write in later in the spring during the past 3 years are those same students that weren’t going to get offered TEAM even if they had selected TEAM only?

I’m finding it hard to believe that the admissions officers are being dishonest and / or being incompetent in their ability to convey simple information like “Hey, you might want to go team only because the team spots are going to fill up”

Another way of asking: Is this college confidential thread (and those of years past) the only data that supports the concept that going team only now is better?

1 Like

@LourdesPl71 Blinn TEAM is considered full admission, which includes living on campus, getting a Sports Pass, rushing fraternity/sorority.
Read thru this whole thread, Google Blinn TEAM, for more info.
BUT…dorms are limited. Dorms are only guaranteed to students who are accepted & pay deposit, usually around the 1st week in March. There are not enough dorms/beds for the entire student body, let alone even the incoming freshman class.

3 Likes

Among UH, UTD and OU business school admissions. appreciate any inputs on which one is the best to pick.
currently I’m ruling out Blinn option for business due to high GPA 3.9-4.0 requirement for May’s transfer.

Think about it, do you think admissions would really tell everyone to go TEAM only, even if it’s the better option to ensure a spot? There would be no need to even offer options in that case. No, they want to put everyone in a nice little box, based on what they choose. Those selecting TEAM only — want just that and ready to take it. Those selecting waitlist only are OK to wait and likely have a backup plan. Those taking TEAM/waitlist are willing to wait it out, even at the risk of not getting a TEAM spot or on-campus housing. In the end, It’s up to you to believe what you want as you have to live with it.

4 Likes

@FinBus098 all 3 solid business schools, I think a lot depends on what kind of college experience you’re wanting. OU and UH have solid athletic programs, UTD doesn’t. Norman, Houston and Dallas are 3 different locations & demographics, each campus has a very different ‘feel’.
I don’t know anything about cost of each school.
Lots to weigh, but can’t go wrong with the options.

2 Likes

My son applied Engineering in October. If he is still under review do you think that means he has no chance for a TEAM?

I believe that this is the first wave of engineering options going out. @FriscoDad, is that right? If so, then no… I think the chance of getting Teab or Galveston/McAllen is still on the table.

What are your sons stats?

Admissions office would have that intel, but they will not share it. Could always call and ask tho. I am totally curious as well.

As for other data points… I work with applicants and transfer students. For those freshmen that were given the options… only maybe 3 recd full admit after choosing both team and waitlist. I’ve never had a student choose waitlist only tho. I’m talking over 100 plus kids since 2018.

4 Likes

Average - 29 ACT, 1300 SAT 3.9 GPA and lots of activities so we are hoping for a team or he will probably go to LSU because they offered him a ton of money.

2 Likes

Did y’all look at tech? They have a great engineering program? Money from LSU is nice too tho! I just don’t know anything about their program.

If he’s open to other schools then I’d choose lsu if he doesn’t get Teab. However if he really wants Tamu, there are other engineering academies he can go to that follow the same ETaM process as Tamu/blinn/Galveston/McAllen. Just depends on where he wants to spend his time.

Keep us posted.

1 Like

We did look at Tech and did not like Lubbock or the weather. He is also looking at Baylor but the scholarship was minimal and the cost is enormous! We don’t know anything about Engineering worth there either. My husband went to LSU and has had a very successful engineering career with Chevron for 33 years!

4 Likes