Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Same here ! We are refreshing the portal constantly and so far no luck :frowning:
We are trying to make sense of all, hoping and praying . She is currently a Davis Scholar recipient , she was admitted to NYU Shanghai which is great honor but her dream school has always been A&M , her 1 major is Allied Health and 2 is Biology , she attends UWC East Africa in Tanzania, ample and very strong extra curriculum activities , doing the IB diploma . Sighs

5 Likes

Thank you @nachomama and @52AG82

1 Like

I think TEAB and TEAM are great options, if you are not able to get a full admit then these programs are very good options to consider.

We are waiting to hear something, but I see we are in good company. Anyone know if A&M looks at ethnicity? American Indian? Our son was admitted to Galveston quickly, but no word from College Station.

They don’t for admissions. They do for recruiting and some scholarships to increase enrollment of high performing underrepresented students. For example the college board indigenous national recognition program scholar award- will receive an invite to visit and a scholarship if admitted and enrolled.

Thank you. He will get a nice amount of tuition from our tribe and could attend some schools in Oklahoma with tuition paid. He wants A&M. He was admitted to Galveston, so we are thrilled about that. The goal is CS, and it is closer to home, and he won’t have to drive through Houston.

2 Likes

Galveston is a fantastic option. All of the Aggie culture with some unique opportunities and it’s easy to change major between campuses. It’s kind of the best kept secret in Aggie admissions, IMO so I should really stop talking about it… :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Would you happen to know - once you select TEAM Blinn only - how long does it take to actually hear something back? I heard you might hear quicker than if you selected both TEAM and Waitlist? The waiting is excruciating - especially when my son applied 8/15/22!!

1 Like

I have heard about a week on average, but it varies. We selected TEAM only on Tuesday and are still waiting. How about you?

1 Like

We selected TEAM only on Wednesday this week and haven’t heard anything either.

1 Like

AO said two weeks to hear.

1 Like

Selected TEAB Tuesday and nothing yet. School being closed for a few days this week due to weather probably isn’t helping.

1 Like

Same here! So much stress!

1 Like

Hopefully you’ll hear early part of next week. They were closed only on Wednesday, luckily.

Hang in there. This part has typically just been a formality. :pray:t3:

5 Likes

Your positivity means a ton!! Appreciate it.

1 Like

When we went to visit, they said in the meeting to apply for both, so we did! I’m a little jealous that my kid might live on the beach for a year!

2 Likes

@FriscoDad and @ChristiR93 how fast do the housing typically fill up, and if I completed phase 2 of housing on january 16th is this too late to get good housing?

So in past years those that received the 3 options and selected TEAM only received an official offer within a few weeks?

2 Likes

@l6326 depends on what you consider ‘good’. HIGHLY recommend taking a dorm tour between now & April. Dorm selection is based on time stamp Housing deposit is paid, so those that paid in September obviously have the best choices.
Dorms have been guaranteed for all incoming freshman, until the first of March, the last 4 years. All depends on how many pay deposit, what the guarantee date is.
Good news is, once school starts, you rarely ever hear anyone complain about their dorm.
Dorm selection is fast, furious and not for the faint of heart. If you go in blindly, not having a plan, it won’t go well. Be prepared.

Are you going in with a roommate or without? It’s much easier without. There will be more single beds available than double (two empty beds in one room). The northside modulars fill up first, then the southside modulars. Like the other person said, you need to read about the options and go in with a plan. If you get on an Aggie parent page, they will have up to date info on what dorms are still available once housing starts and it goes FAST! There does seem to be a little movement over the summer and if you stalk the housing page sometimes you can find empty beds in desirable dorms and thus you can move, but you have to be dedicated to logging in and looking all the time. Hope that helps.

1 Like